Park Rat Thread

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No. In South Carolina harvesting more fat. You gotta bulk up if you want to get ripped.

1637800599472.jpeg

kaitlyn

Sweet! Pass acquired ! Thanks! Now I just have to deal with I'm woefully underbiked for the park, I've been using my trails bike. Hmmm, rental or try and find an enduro bike? Decisions, decisions.

kaitlyn

Snort. I just bought a canyon road bike. Now if I could only find an enduro around 4k and in a small.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
To answer my own question i called creek and asked about this and they won't be selling youth season passes at this time for some reason.
I suspect just like regular season passes, they will both be available online before Spring. Granted the current situation with Omicron might make them limit the total amount they sell. I'm hopeful things will start to settle down before then.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I suspect just like regular season passes, they will both be available online before Spring. Granted the current situation with Omicron might make them limit the total amount they sell. I'm hopeful things will start to settle down before then.
So an update -- I've been messaging some guy at creek via Instagram and he said the people in the office had false info and there will be no youth passes anymore, ever. Honestly that's one of the shittiest things ever.

Andypowerful

Snort. I just bought a canyon road bike. Now if I could only find an enduro around 4k and in a small.
I just bought a new GT Force Elite. They're only $3800 with lots of room for upgrading but fully capable to start and bring you through a bike park season. Someone is selling a brand new small on pink bike for $3500 but they have had it listed since the middle of the summer. There was a GT sponsored race at Blue Mountain where one of the registrants won it. I guess this is the kid who one it. I'm sure they take less. not sure if you will be able to view the link. It's worth a shot.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
So an update -- I've been messaging some guy at creek via Instagram and he said the people in the office had false info and there will be no youth passes anymore, ever. Honestly that's one of the shittiest things ever.
I'm not letting go of this just yet. I'm really fucking pissed. My son and tons of other kids are the future of this sport and to throw away youth passes has to be one of the most short sighted ideas ever. I have a somewhat noteworthy insta account and I may take creek to task.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm not letting go of this just yet. I'm really fucking pissed. My son and tons of other kids are the future of this sport and to throw away youth passes has to be one of the most short sighted ideas ever. I have a somewhat noteworthy insta account and I may take creek to task.

what should the age be for youth? where did they have it before?

I agree btw - youth/NICA/JORBA should all get a little kicker up there to reward and incent.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
what should the age be for youth? where did they have it before?

I agree btw - youth/NICA/JORBA should all get a little kicker up there to reward and incent.
Right now its 17 and under. Or was i guess. But long story short the guy said they're selling out of passes so easily the past 2 years that they have to change things. I said sure I get it, limit passes but don't remove the youth pass since the kids are important, and he says well we're doing both and have to do one pass for all. Which means they don't want to sell passes for 270 when they can sell them for 390.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Right now its 17 and under. Or was i guess. But long story short the guy said they're selling out of passes so easily the past 2 years that they have to change things. I said sure I get it, limit passes but don't remove the youth pass since the kids are important, and he says well we're doing both and have to do one pass for all. Which means they don't want to sell passes for 270 when they can sell them for 390.

17 seems high - as they can get there on their own.

I'm thinking more less that 15, where it is more of a two-fer anyway.

Your take is correct - they are being short sighted as the parents of a 13yo might not go for it and they lose the pass from
16+ until forever cause they never get the "taste"

Could also do a limited youth? weekdays only + upcharge for weekends?
help them make $$$ ?

mtbiker87

Here's a bit of local insight. The dam for the lake up at top is in bad shape. As in DEP class 1 bad shape, meaning it has a significant chance of causing loss of life and severe property damage if it lets go. In 2017 Hession said the resort didn't have the money to fix it. State is now offering them a low interest loan to fix it. Catch is , the town has to cosign. Current council is willing to , if Joe can prove they won't leave the town on the hook. State's deal ends Dec 30, take it or leave it . Sounds like Joe needs to increase his revenue a little bit dont it ?

ebarker9

That makes it sound like they've always had a cap on the total number of season passes. Is that the case? My recollection is that most of the restrictions on numbers started with COVID.

And I get that money is money, but getting an extra $100 for a regular pass vs a youth pass presumably isn't putting much of a dent in that dam(n) bill. Selfishly I just hope it doesn't impact access to Tempest etc.

Top Bottom