Park Rat Thread

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Closures for the weekend
16AEAC59-D303-4ABC-8268-2666A7096ACC.jpg
a

Ian F

Yep... and I'll be there tomorrow with a few teammates from DC. The last time we were there was during a race and there was still plenty of trails to ride. In a way, the race seemed to push some folks away, so the trails that were open were pretty clear and the lift line wasn't that bad.

That said, when I pre-ordered my lift pass, I noticed the DH rentals are sold out... So who knows.

Cassinonorth

Yep... and I'll be there tomorrow with a few teammates from DC. The last time we were there was during a race and there was still plenty of trails to ride. In a way, the race seemed to push some folks away, so the trails that were open were pretty clear and the lift line wasn't that bad.

That said, when I pre-ordered my lift pass, I noticed the DH rentals are sold out... So who knows.

They also started selling off their fleet for the season so I'm guessing that has a large to do with the lack of rentals.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They also started selling off their fleet for the season so I'm guessing that has a large to do with the lack of rentals.
I think they were just selling off all the old Scott Gamblers. They have a new fleet of Trek Sessions. I'm surprised they sold out...I would call if you actually need a rental. Or just go to Skids (formerly Ridetopia) next door.

That's a lot of the best gnar closed off, but there's still plenty of goodness open. Honestly those are all trails that most people don't touch anyways lol.

Cassinonorth

I think they were just selling off all the old Scott Gamblers. They have a new fleet of Trek Sessions. I'm surprised they sold out...I would call if you actually need a rental. Or just go to Skids (formerly Ridetopia) next door.

That's a lot of the best gnar closed off, but there's still plenty of goodness open. Honestly those are all trails that most people don't touch anyways lol.

Gotcha makes sense.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm hoping to be there Sunday to yell at some racers. Maybe ride a little. If anyone else is going hit me up.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lines pretty bad last weekend, kinda par for the course for the last couple weekends tho

Ian F

The line on Sat were long, but moved well. One of my friends timed it and even getting into the line way back near the bridge, it was less than 20 min. It was cool to see Neko in line with the rest of us. But he grew up riding DH around here, so I'm sure it wasn't the first time he's waited in long lines. But I agree it was awesome to see so many people out there... and so many racers... and so many women.

While the race did affect how many trails we could ride, we still had a great time. I got 13 runs in and I'm sore as hell today. We had a lot of fun riding the new Tempest. I really need to try riding Creek more next season. I ride there so infrequently, it usually takes me half the day to knock the rust off and start feeling comfortable on the jumps and then I start getting tired and thinking about the beer waiting in the cooler back in the van... That said, I really prefer riding with friends and going there alone wouldn't be as much fun.

mtbiker87

Neko rocking the throwback kit and bike at creek this weekend. You can grab a signed poster for $10 which goes towards candaid -- getting kids on bikes. And thats also your entry to win this bike!
This is his own deal, independent of Candaid, getting kids on real DH bikes, as opposed to Walmart specials. Both are awesome programs though, and I bought a poster, plus a few extra chances by donating extra through the link on his Instagram. Love seeing athletes , and their sponcers , thinking about the long term future of the sport, by creating and supporting deals like this.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
This is his own deal, independent of Candaid, getting kids on real DH bikes, as opposed to Walmart specials. Both are awesome programs though, and I bought a poster, plus a few extra chances by donating extra through the link on his Instagram. Love seeing athletes , and their sponcers , thinking about the long term future of the sport, by creating and supporting deals like this.
Got my poster in the mail friday!

Ian F

I did not know this. Assumed he was from TN/NC.
His family is from Reading (parents still live there, I believe) and cut his early teeth doing the Reading DH race on Mt Penn. He relocated to NC/TN for better all-year training - I'm guessing didn't want to move all the way out to CA. If you go back to his Trek era WC results, his location should be "Reading, PA. USA". A buddy of mine knows the family well - his father used to race DH as well. Apparently, when I "retired" from racing back in 2002-03, I missed them by a year or three.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Mountain Creek Halloween Jump Jam was moved to this Sunday, October 31st. Spread the word.
Also, found this old video. If I remember correctly, the lift was closed due to high winds. We had to walk up to Lower Dominion for the costume jump contest. I'm the guy with the knife in his helmet. 😁

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Mountain Creek Halloween Jump Jam was moved to this Sunday, October 31st. Spread the word.
Also, found this old video. If I remember correctly, the lift was closed due to high winds. We had to walk up to Lower Dominion for the costume jump contest. I'm the guy with the knife in his helmet. 😁

Lil help with the time you are shown, hard to make out anything with the 80's video quality

JonF

Not sure but thinking about playing hookie and going up Thursday for one last hurrah.

Top Bottom