Park Rat Thread

Ian F

Saw quit a few people looking for wheels and tires at the end of Saturday practice 🤣
I always raced DH with at least one set of spare wheels (with tires installed) in the van. Plus extra sets of tires.

Ian F

Question, I’m thinking of changing it up this week, I ride mountain creek couple times a week. This week I was thinking about changing it up and trying out either Windham or blue mtb for the day. Which one do most people prefer for a day trip?
FYI: There's an Eastern States Cup enduro and DH event at Blue Mtn this weekend. The event used most of the trails there, so I don't think it would be a good weekend to go there to just ride.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
FYI: There's an Eastern States Cup enduro and DH event at Blue Mtn this weekend. The event used most of the trails there, so I don't think it would be a good weekend to go there to just ride.
I think got your dates mixed up. ESC is Aug 29. MASS was there a week ago.

Ian F

I think got your dates mixed up. ESC is Aug 29. MASS was there a week ago.
Not an ESC series race. The "East Coast Junior Championship"

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not an ESC series race. The "East Coast Junior Championship"

Ooooh shit. No wonder it wasn’t in my calendar haha. Touché.

ebarker9

Had an interesting day at Creek. The new bottom of Tempest is a lot of fun although it was a bit soft in spots. Someone in a MTBNJ jersey rode by at about double the speed that I'm riding some of those sections so kudos there. Also helped out after an unfortunate crash on the natural drop on Tempest. Sounds like the person may have thought that you can roll any part of the drop and went over the bars on the left side. My friends and I hung out to direct traffic and help carry the person to the side by side for a ride down the hill. Hopefully injuries aren't too bad and definitely a good reminder to "look before you leap".

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Someone in a MTBNJ jersey rode by at about double the speed that I'm riding some of those sections so kudos
Definitely will be fun when it firm's up . Kudos for helping someone in need , I helped some groms that had a bad crash earlier in the year with calling emt and guiding them to the location , def puts a damper on the rest of the day .

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounds like the person may have thought that you can roll any part of the drop and went over the bars on the left side
Ooof. That sucks. Never assume you can roll a feature that has a clearly marked "DROP!" sign... That drop is lame though... it's a straight huck to flat and kills your momentum for the table top right after it. The roll on the right is way faster.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ooof. That sucks. Never assume you can roll a feature that has a clearly marked "DROP!" sign... That drop is lame though... it's a straight huck to flat and kills your momentum for the table top right after it. The roll on the right is way faster.
Do you even remember how to get to Mt Creek?

JonF

Beginning of Nov. They give the dates on thier WWW. Also, they have been known to extend a weekend or 2 past if weather is favorable.

JonF

Took a well needed mental health day off work today and went up to Creek to play with a new gadget. Apparently they just finished rebuilding the lower half of tempest and it's so primo right now. Similar in scale and style to upper tempest and a total blast to ride the rails off it. So buff and smooth, it stands in stark contrast to the blown out and rutted condition of most of the lower trails. Definitely a must ride right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom