SOLD: 2019 VW GTI Rabbit Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknejo

Hi,

Selling my 2019 VW GTI Rabbit Edition, 6 speed, 14,009 miles (as of this morning).

Comes with:
  • Curt 1.25 hitch (1Up rack not included)
  • VW cross bars
  • Inno faring
Trade-in offer from Tesla is $25,395 so that's the price for this one which is really final - I won't entertain anything less.

The car is in great condition inside and out. Exterior pictures for now, interior to come if there's any interest. I am the original owner, purchased from Joe Heidt in Ramsey RT 17. All scheduled services have been performed, no damage or any outstanding items.

Timing wise the sale will be at the mercy of the new car delivery window which is, at the moment, Nov 9th through Dec 7th.

Selling because I've got 2 kids that are now larger + wife cannot drive manual + I am getting a Model Y.

This is the first posting anywhere online so you guys get first dibs.

I only drive this car locally and to Ringwood / Sterling Forest / High Mountain Park so I'll maybe put 100 - 200 more miles on this car before it's gone.

Pick up in Allendale, NJ

tempImageOWwYSI.pngtempImageZF8YO5.pngtempImageWI25jD.pngtempImagetVijAf.pngtesla-offer-gti-copy.png

Attachments

• tempImageDD7gwA.png
    tempImageDD7gwA.png
    1 MB · Views: 100

JonF

If you're only asking for the same amount as the dealer's trade in offer, why wouldn't you go that route and take the sales tax reduction (which will be significant on a 25K valuation)? Anyways, GLWS!

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
the official hatchback of Team MTBNJ.com Miss mine.

Assume you've already gotten a Carvanabanana quote? Just sold a car to them and their offer was 30-40% higher than KBB.

mtn

If you're only asking for the same amount as the dealer's trade in offer, why wouldn't you go that route and take the sales tax reduction (which will be significant on a 25K valuation)? Anyways, GLWS!
It does help out an prospective buyers that would instead have to pay markup at the stealership. I for one certainly appreciate when owners do that.

bucknejo

the official hatchback of Team MTBNJ.com Miss mine.

Assume you've already gotten a Carvanabanana quote? Just sold a car to them and their offer was 30-40% higher than KBB.

Believe it or not, the Caravana offer is marginally less than the Tesla offer.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey there twin with half my mileage.
Rabbit.jpg
I've had a few friends sell to Carvana and say it's great. Simple process and they pick it up from your house.

I'd also just go with the trade offer. That's a great number they're giving you for a trade-in, and less headaches.

bucknejo

Hey there twin with half my mileage.
View attachment 168920
I've had a few friends sell to Carvana and say it's great. Simple process and they pick it up from your house.

I'd also just go with the trade offer. That's a great number they're giving you for a trade-in, and less headaches.

Nice ride. I like the black 1up - will probably spring for this color on the 2" side when the new whip arrives. My 1.25 has a 2" adapter so I'm good short-term, but that black is dope.

But yes, I'm putting this post up as a curtesy and exclusively for mtbnj-ers as I know it's a popular car in the community. It comes with the Curt hitch, cross bars and faring which I know comes in handy for bikes.

If the Carvana offer was equal to or better than Tesla's then I'd maybe go with that, but at the end of the day, whatever is going to be the least pain-inducing process will win the day.

Also - If the Tesla offer goes down from now to delivery date I will match that price here.

Last edited:

mfennell

That's surprising. They gave me a quote that was $200 higher than the new OTD price (taxes, tags, etc) on my '19 Sportwagen w/15k miles. I lied and said it was stock, just curious what the number would be.

Blair

Wow, that a massive perk for NJ Tesla buyers. I wasn't aware of the exemption. In fact, I'm somewhat shocked that the state is willing to give up the tax revenue.
There’s no sales tax on any EV in NJ (officially zero emissions vehicle), not brand specific. And you don’t have to get it inspected either.

THATmanMANNY

@JonF @Blair
oh no the secret it out. Now they are going to tax them all!
One of the benefits that allows us to be on 6th EV in 7 years! haha

New or used it doesn't matter. Fill out the ST-4 when registering the car.

I don't think it matters Tesla trade in value or what not. Nobody is losing money on wholesaling used cars are selling them direct. Plus, Tesla got @bucknejo into a new Model Y (assuming) that's all that matters another count for the quarter.

Last edited:

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
damn algorithms. Congrats on the new Y. I've driven a family member's and they're pretty nice. Wouldn't call it a driver's car but better for a family of 4 than the MK7.

bucknejo

Hi gang, the VW is being traded in at Tesla tomorrow. If anyone here wants the crossbars and faring, they're all yours free-zies pay-it-forward style. Let me know by high noon, otherwise they're going with the car to Tesla.

Zaskar

Hi gang, the VW is being traded in at Tesla tomorrow. If anyone here wants the crossbars and faring, they're all yours free-zies pay-it-forward style. Let me know by high noon, otherwise they're going with the car to Tesla.
Congrats on the new car. I'll take the roof rack stuff from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom