2020 garden thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ton of blueberries this year. you know they are ready when the birds are in the bushes.

IMG_3576.JPG

Peaches are looking good! need to get some bug spray on them.

IMG_3577.JPG

Concord or Niagra grapes. huge amount on the vines. they taste good for a short period
in the early fall. i should rip them out and plant seedless.
IMG_3575.JPG

pkovo

Do you have any issues with vine borers with your zucchini? I seem to get them every year.
My wife says we’ve had some in the past but not bad. Her father has a bigger garden than us and has had more trouble with them.

Patrick

Staff member
Spinach pesto, not Pesto...in Italy there's even a designated and certified agency to make sure that the name 'Pesto' is not slapped on such abominations...

I'm sure it's delicious, I like both pesto and spinach!

see - these are the same people that attacked John Taylor for using the word ham in his wonderful pork product......

pkovo

I'm sure we would be flagged for making it with a vitamix instead of the traditional mortar and pestle too. I think I even saw my wife adding walnuts to the recipe once....the horror!

serviceguy

I'm sure we would be flagged for making it with a vitamix instead of the traditional mortar and pestle too. I think I even saw my wife adding walnuts to the recipe once....the horror!

Kind of borderline , pine nuts are supposed to be used according to the official recipe. My mom uses walnuts as well, it's a minor violation...have you ever tried red pesto (never seen it in Italy, only in the US at Home Goods, TJ Max, Burlington and Fairways), it's rather delicious.

Patrick

Staff member
Kind of borderline , pine nuts are supposed to be used according to the official recipe. My mom uses walnuts as well, it's a minor violation...have you ever tried red pesto (never seen it in Italy, only in the US at Home Goods, TJ Max, Burlington and Fairways), it's rather delicious.

hmm - adding sun dried tomato. I'd toss in a little pimento also. mmmm. pimento. maybe show up in the cooking thread tomorrow!

Top Bottom