2019 [Usually CR] Funday Monday

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
After talking with @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST this past weekend we’ve decided that this coming Monday will be our first Funday Monday aka Funday aka FunMonday ride of the year.

This will be a beginner-friendly, no-drop ride. Anyone/everyone is encouraged to join.

One thing we’re going to shake up this year is the repeat parking lot pit stops. The rides will pretty much start each week at Newman’s Lane, rollout at 5:30.

Just putting this out there now so you can plan on being there next week, April 8, for the season opener. Nolan Ryan will be taking the mound.

Hope to see you there!

Ride Schedule
  1. April 8, 2019: First ride of the season.
  2. April 15, 2019: Rained out (1)
  3. April 22, 2019: Rained out (2)
  4. April 29, 2019: Rained out (3)
  5. May 6, 2019: Rained out (4)
  6. May 13, 2019: Rained out (5)
  7. May 20, 2019: Rained out (6)
  8. May 27, 2019: Kingdom Trails! Sadly we have to go to Vermont to ride on Monday
  9. June 3, 2019: We made it for the 2nd Funday Monday at CR this year.
  10. June 10, 2019: Rained out (7)
  11. June 17, 2019: I wasn't there but Glenn led the 3rd ride of the season
  12. June 24, 2019: cancelled cause nobody took the bull by the horns.
  13. July 1, 2019: It's on - welcome back @allygadget ! 4th Ride
  14. July 8, 2019: It happened, special guest star @scotth 5th Ride
  15. July 15, 2019: @jklett and @Patrick bring the park to its knees - where is everyone?
  16. July 22, 2019: Tornadoed out (8)
  17. July 29, 2019: Glenn is broken, Park is broken, Alternate start location Miler lane.
  18. August 5: Alternate park - Nassau w/guest star @Po123
  19. August 12: Welcome @SumitK !
  20. August 19: @Kirt in the house - no record of this happening.
  21. August 26: Backwards day w/@TPI_Elky
  22. September 2: Alternate park - Cush starting from the Pickell - rain shortened
  23. September 9: Ballfield start with the usual suspects.
  24. September 16: Ballfield start - took @jklett to the bottom of the switchbacks - Glenn announces that it is stupid. GPS art is cool
  25. September 23: Ballfield start - special gues star: @thegock
  26. September 30: NJ MTB Fest Hangover - cancelled.
  27. October 7: @jklett puts most of the ride in the red. Glenn and Patrick take notice
  28. October 13: @jklett forgets he is riding a hard tail, and the boys suffer. Special appearance by @Po123 - @M3Tim in the house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
will ballfield lot roll-through at 6:05 be entertained? or do they need to come to gilbride & CRR crossing?
Then gilbride lot at 6:20? Hawk watch at 6:45?

asking for a straggler.....it is tuesday.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many repeat parking lot pit stops? In case someone shows up late and needs to jump in well after the 5:30 start time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You should Google both Nolan Ryan and Jim’s quote. Might clear things up a bit.

Or not.

Reactions: rlb

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many repeat parking lot pit stops? In case someone shows up late and needs to jump in well after the 5:30 start time.

Not going to run the ride like a bus schedule like past years because IMO it handcuffed the ride too much but I’m willing to work with anyone who makes the effort to come out.

Except Glenn. He has to start by 5:30.

RNG1

For someone who has gone through life thus far never experiencing a funmonday, is this a mountain bike ride? gravel path? Third world dirt road with land mines?
Sounds like it could be a potentially perfect recovery type ride after a hard weekend if there is Tiramisu cheesecake at the end.
Anyway you can post a link with the meeting spot for those unsure of start location? Thanks chief.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Dear World,

As we go through life, there are certain things that we all should experience. This provides some common
ground, which we can base a bit of conversation, or perhaps the set-up of a quip, or witty dig. Things
like grade school, or first car, and the crazy kid that would eat anything. We chat about getting that
3-speed schwinn chopper, or moving up to a varsity 10sp. Some of the other common experiences
are gleened from the media we consume. Often, when something is blurted out, it might be from
a classic weekly sitcom like Gilligan's Island, or Hogan's Heroes. Now those shows are old, and gone,
cause they are judged with a current eye as inappropriate.

There are some movies that we don't watch anymore, because their content portrays a time of slavery being OK,
or homophobia. On the other hand, there are many movies that are required viewing. The Godfather, I & II, enough Star Wars
to know the characters, Young Frankenstein, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. etc.

Without these common experiences, simple humor can be completely misinterpreted. It isn't intentional,
and there is this google thing which is a simple way to help level the playing field. Especially if ya think ya just
missed something.

Try it, you still might not get it, or have any other frame of reference, but it just might help.

Signed,

The Dude.

Last edited:

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking forward to CR this year.
Last year we kind of stayed local to Newman's ln.
Red, white and blue trails.
There is so many great sections to the park we need to utilize.
It's going to be a great Monday ride series.
Maybe even have some guest riders.

qclabrat

I will try to get there this year cause Norm says it's still fun. Time doesn't normally work for me but will catch a few

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Not going to run the ride like a bus schedule like past years because IMO it handcuffed the ride too much but I’m willing to work with anyone who makes the effort to come out.

Except Glenn. He has to start by 5:30.
Maybe you and Glenn can start at 4:30, go full bore for an hour and even then I'll struggle to hang off the back. ? That said, I'm so glad that Fun Monday's are back! Still planning to have Nassau in the mix?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe you and Glenn can start at 4:30, go full bore for an hour and even then I'll struggle to hang off the back. ? That said, I'm so glad that Fun Monday's are back! Still planning to have Nassau in the mix?

I don't know. I think adding the idea of rotating parks watered down the attendance. Also the rain watered down the attendance. I think if we establish a regular cadence more people will join. That said, we can always do a field trip from time to time. For example, in late May we'll hold the ride at KT in Vermont.

Also - this is 100% not a training ride. IME if you pre-load the ride with a bag full of hammers, it's really hard for people to put them away when the full group shows.

Top Bottom