2019 / 6th Annual Skyline Shuttle

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
The annual TOS Shuttle is a point-to-point XC ride that starts at the top of Skyline Drive in Oakland, NJ and ends in Ringwood State Park. We hit many of the best trails with a few bomber downhill sections. At the end we shuttle back to the Top Of Skyline and celebrate with snacks and a cooler full of cold beer (and Gatorade).

The overall elevation profile shows more descending than climbing but it won’t feel that way. This is an advanced ride with challenging terrain. The first 4 miles are rocky and brutal and inevitably where we lose people (due to mental, physical or mechanical breakdown). Although this is not a hammer fest, we try and keep moving with minimum stops. You definitely need to be in shape. More importantly you need to be comfortable on rocky terrain. These are some of the most technical trails in NJ. Fortunately, there’s a refueling stop around mile 8 with water and Gatorade. :cool:

Do you think you have what it takes to join me on this ride? PM or post up if you want in. Vehicle logistics will be figured out closer to the date when we have a solid head count. Hope to see you there!

Date: Sunday, September 22nd
Wheels down at 9:30am sharp.

Total Distance: ~18 miles
Total Ride Time: ~4 hours
Total Elevation: ~2000’

Starting Point
Skyline Drive, NJ / Ramapo Lot
GPS: 41.047831, -74.251615

Ending Point
Ringwood Manor Lot
GPS: 41.1377945, -74.2539361

Last edited:

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Here it is...

The annual TOS shuttle is a point-to-point XC ride that starts at the top of Skyline Drive in Oakland, NJ and ends on Sterling Mine Rd in New York. We work our way across the Ramapo/Ringwood trail into Ringwood State Park, where we hit many of the best stuff. At the end we shuttle back to the Top of Skyline, where I have snacks and a cooler full of cold beer (and Gatorade) waiting.

The overall elevation profile shows more descending than climbing but it won’t feel that way. I’m designating this as an intermediate/advanced ride with challenging terrain. The first 4 miles are rocky and brutal and inevitably where we lose people (due to mental, physical or mechanical breakdown). We go hard for 3+ hours with minimal stopping so you definitely need to be in shape. More importantly you need to be comfortable on rocky terrain. These are some of the most technical trails in NJ. There will be two refueling stops around mile 8 and 14 with water and Gatorade.

Do you think you have what it takes to finish this ride? PM or post up if you plan to attend. Vehicle logistics will be figured out closer to the date when we have a solid head count. Hope to see you there!

Date/Time: Sunday, September 22nd @ 10:00am

Starting Point

Ending Point
Sterling Mine Rd, NY
GPS: 41.150510, -74.237685
Thanks @a.s. for yet again hosting. This looks like one of the best events of the year. Will try to clear my calendar as I don’t want to miss it.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Any suggestions on this year’s beer state? Last year was Maine. I’m thinking this time NC or Nebraska.

DickC

Here it is...

The annual TOS shuttle is a point-to-point XC ride that starts at the top of Skyline Drive in Oakland, NJ and ends on Sterling Mine Rd in New York. We work our way across the Ramapo/Ringwood trail into Ringwood State Park, where we hit many of the best stuff. At the end we shuttle back to the Top of Skyline, where I have snacks and a cooler full of cold beer (and Gatorade) waiting.

The overall elevation profile shows more descending than climbing but it won’t feel that way. I’m designating this as an intermediate/advanced ride with challenging terrain. The first 4 miles are rocky and brutal and inevitably where we lose people (due to mental, physical or mechanical breakdown). We go hard for 3+ hours with minimal stopping so you definitely need to be in shape. More importantly you need to be comfortable on rocky terrain. These are some of the most technical trails in NJ. There will be two refueling stops around mile 8 and 14 with water and Gatorade.

Do you think you have what it takes to finish this ride? PM or post up if you plan to attend. Vehicle logistics will be figured out closer to the date when we have a solid head count. Hope to see you there!

Date/Time: Sunday, September 22nd @ 10:00am

Starting Point

Ending Point
Sterling Mine Rd, NY
GPS: 41.150510, -74.237685
Nice ride that I use to do way back with my bike buddies. The shuttle is a smart way to do it.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
So we don't need to help with any driving back and forth beforehand? We just show up and pedal?
It all depends on how many riders we have. I'm coordinating this via email. Right now, everything looks covered. I'll reach out if I need help. Otherwise just show up at the start (GPS: 41.047831, -74.251615) and be ready to ride by 9:30am. :)

Mare

This is my kind of ride. Will you take my bike off my car and put it back on at the end too? :)

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
THe CouNT
Me​
Mare45​
Mathers​
Robert M​
Rob W​
Lee M +1​
Andrew​
Simon​
Chris​