2019-2020 XC Ski

Adolphlung

I'm also into cross-country skiing, and I first tried it at a skiing school at the Keystone Resort in Colorado, which I read about on the Blue House Skis website. I fell in love with it ever since. It's so hard, though, arguably the most challenging outdoor sport in the world since it requires a unique combination of strength, speed, and endurance. The lateral movements of skate skiing are at once unnatural and exhausting, while the technique for proper classic skiing leaves most untrained participants feeling like they're just shuffling around. I can't wait to do it again, so I have to train!

Last edited:

ebarker9

Iggy is definitely the XC ski expert, but that package is pretty much exactly what I'd recommend for that use. I have a similar setup with metal edge "waxless" skis and BC-XC bindings/boots. Great combination for hacking around golf courses and some of the local trails. They're not as fast as some of the more performance oriented options on groomed trails but that's kind of the tradeoff.

Also, more discussion in this prior year thread about equipment options, skiing golf courses, etc:

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Iggy is definitely the XC ski expert, but that package is pretty much exactly what I'd recommend for that use. I have a similar setup with metal edge "waxless" skis and BC-XC bindings/boots. Great combination for hacking around golf courses and some of the local trails. They're not as fast as some of the more performance oriented options on groomed trails but that's kind of the tradeoff.

Also, more discussion in this prior year thread about equipment options, skiing golf courses, etc:

Thanks!

ebarker9

Semi-related, I have two pairs of XC skis and I'm tempted to get a pair of the Fischer twin skin classic skis for groomed trails. Figured it would be a good idea to get a ski bag for everything, but a little hard to stomach the $11,598.84 price tag here 😂

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking to pick some skis before winter hits and everything’s sold out. Likely going to do a mix of ungroomed and groomed trails, realistically most of my skiing will be ungroomed over grass in the park near me. Thinking about something like this:
https://www.rei.com/product/180569/...ack-cross-country-skis-with-turnamic-bindings

Wouldn’t mind some input from those that ride similar terrain like golf courses.
That's a great ski for exploring golf course like terrain .
Enjoy.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Looking to pick some skis before winter hits and everything’s sold out. Likely going to do a mix of ungroomed and groomed trails, realistically most of my skiing will be ungroomed over grass in the park near me. Thinking about something like this:
https://www.rei.com/product/180569/...ack-cross-country-skis-with-turnamic-bindings

Wouldn’t mind some input from those that ride similar terrain like golf courses.
I have these exact skis and Rossi XC5 boots. It's a terrific do-everything setup. They're identical sidecut to the Rossi BC65 ski, without the full metal edge.

I bought mine a little shorter, to add some agility for off-piste stuff, so they're a little slower on groomed track than a pure classic-style ski, but I like the idea that I can go essentially anywhere my (limited) ability may take me.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I have these exact skis and Rossi XC5 boots. It's a terrific do-everything setup. They're identical sidecut to the Rossi BC65 ski, without the full metal edge.

I bought mine a little shorter, to add some agility for off-piste stuff, so they're a little slower on groomed track than a pure classic-style ski, but I like the idea that I can go essentially anywhere my (limited) ability may take me.
Thanks for the confirmation, it’s overwhelming trying to figure out all the types of skis.

Top Bottom