2019-20 ski / snow board season

Zaskar

I have a few partial used Triple Plays cards for Creek available. Send me a message if you're interested for details.....

phillychris498

Unfortunately, it seems to only make sense for all east coast mountains to close for the foreseeable future. first and foremost for safety concerns, especially mountains with 4-6 person chairlifts with groups mixing together, gondolas and trams. But with the horrible “winter” we’ve had, even for mountains far up north, I can only assume a lot of the smaller mountains were operating at breakeven or close to a loss the last few weeks with the unseasonably warm weather. Oh well... maybe I can try and get a little cash back from Alterra for my ikon pass this year?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Unfortunately, it seems to only make sense for all east coast mountains to close for the foreseeable future. first and foremost for safety concerns, especially mountains with 4-6 person chairlifts with groups mixing together, gondolas and trams. But with the horrible “winter” we’ve had, even for mountains far up north, I can only assume a lot of the smaller mountains were operating at breakeven or close to a loss the last few weeks with the unseasonably warm weather. Oh well... maybe I can try and get a little cash back from Alterra for my ikon pass this year?

Out West they are closing with 400+ inches at some mountains. Jackson Hole is closed on a 23" powder day today. Glad I was there two weeks ago.

R grate

hiked to 10500 ft
did some turns in 2 plus ft of heavy powder and hiked back up to set up camp
we had a GRATE day / will repeat tomorrow after smoking a huge BLUNT with BEST WEED Colorado has to offer454BC432-1556-4518-9E11-48558BB70B5A.jpeg94A0CDAA-8068-463D-A4EF-88F5AD90147E.jpegEE075517-F3DD-4376-8B4F-67A49F3E342B.jpeg..#lovmyliff. social-distancing # havingtodig2ftdowntostartafire
9FUCKENMILESAWAYFROMANYONE. ##fucknewjersy

Attachments

• 90757032-EED3-4F81-87EA-69D1C9A51B1D.jpeg
    90757032-EED3-4F81-87EA-69D1C9A51B1D.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 045AB1D3-734B-46E3-AEBD-406A6001273B.png
    045AB1D3-734B-46E3-AEBD-406A6001273B.png
    915.6 KB · Views: 10

phillychris498

Is it too early to dream about next season at Plattekill?
Thank you for sharing this. I love the small mountain feel in the absence of a pandemic, but would hope that only smaller-scale operating mountains being opened wouldn't destroy that small mountain feel. Regardless, I'll be living in NH by the time next winter rolls around, so a backcountry setup will help with getting turns in with an absence of open ski mountains.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Thank you for sharing this. I love the small mountain feel in the absence of a pandemic, but would hope that only smaller-scale operating mountains being opened wouldn't destroy that small mountain feel. Regardless, I'll be living in NH by the time next winter rolls around, so a backcountry setup will help with getting turns in with an absence of open ski mountains.
I'm trying to get a Van set up for this exact reason

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Windham was added to the Ikon pass for next season so Plattekill should be even less crowded if that's possible.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
I still have not given up on skiing Superstar this season. I refuse !❄❄❄⛷⛷
I saw some recent photos it got poached big time with the last round of snow they had on Monday. Also have a friend up at Stowe that has been riding almost daily in the Notch.

kidzach

People are always going to poach. The access road to Killington is blocked off. But we all know their are other ways. I have a place up there. Will be going soon. Not been up since the day they shut Killington down.:oops:
At least I can go mountain biking at my local trails there. As long as I stay within the 10 mile rule they have in place. That puts me in the Green Mountain Trails and Sherburne trails/ Killington Mountain Bike Club Trails ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
People are always going to poach. The access road to Killington is blocked off. But we all know their are other ways. I have a place up there. Will be going soon. Not been up since the day they shut Killington down.:oops:
At least I can go mountain biking at my local trails there. As long as I stay within the 10 mile rule they have in place. That puts me in the Green Mountain Trails and Sherburne trails/ Killington Mountain Bike Trails ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️
Someone has to shred...cant let the pow go to waste!

TheGerd

Superstar cam today. I was there on March 13th, got a good day in with my friends that live up there. Got up on the 14th and it was shut down. Have not been back up since, sucks owning a condo and not being able to use it. 42D18F7B-7E4E-4BDB-909C-00808324254E.png

Top Bottom