2019-20 ski / snow board season

cbiker

Hunter Mountain today was a large chunk of ice.

In my 36+ yrs of scraping ice with my skis on East Coast, I do not remember it being this bad.

Global Warming Sucks!!!!!

You should have driven another two hours to Whiteface there was no ice anywhere on the mountain.

Captain Brainstorm

Hunter Mountain today was a large chunk of ice.

In my 36+ yrs of scraping ice with my skis on East Coast, I do not remember it being this bad.

Global Warming Sucks!!!!!

You guys are skiing in the wrong places. Everywhere north of Sugarbush in VT has been having a pretty good winter so far.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Still on vacation....from sedona to SLC....On tuesday I ditched the family and spent the day at snowbird.....There was some incident in the canyon on monday (car accident or something) anyway, they didnt manage to open the mountain until almost noon since employees were not able to get to the mountain. Good news for me was that they never opened the mineral basin, the gad valley or the Thunder bowl.....so while there were alot of people in the morning, I did get some amazing conditions and beautiful skies. The last few times I have been to snowbird, I spent alot of time in the mineral basin and the Gulch/Cirque side...this day I spent alot of time finding runs thru the trees on the Gad side.

when i got out of the car it was -4 degrees....when I got up top in the sun, I was boiling.

This was also the first time I have ever tried full rocker powder skis....amazingly fun in the fresh snow....little sketchy on the groomed returns to the lift. Took some getting used to having such a soft tail.

Its amazing...at the spot im standing, 431" of snow this year....10-15min drive down into the valley and there is nothing.
20200218_182810.jpg

20200218_153344.jpg

20200218_145822.jpg

I had never skied the gad chutes area....snow was awesome on this day.
gadchutes.JPG

I brought my new gopro and hacked up a little recap of my day. the cold was wrecking havoc on my batteries and I went thru 3 in 3 hours...and it wouldnt record under 15%, but whatever.

What an awesome day....if you have never been to snowbird, get there before you die. You wont be disappointed.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Heading up to Okemo next week Wed-Fri. The annual 3-day family VT trip is all the snowboarding I get these days. It's quite convenient that my mom and sister don't ski or board and serve as the babysitters during the day. Infrequency is probably the reason I always balk at upgrading my 20ish year old board (anyone remember Morrow?). Bike stuff more better anyway. We have always done Stratton but my Dad finally decided to broaden his horizons this year at 65. Have not been paying any attention to snow reports and conditions but hopefully Okemo is north enough to be halfway decent. Either way, it beats work!

Top Bottom