2018 Salsa Vaya 54cm Ultegra

Mare

I got this bike around November 2018 and love it....so much that I am upgrading and breaking this one down. My new bike won't be ready for a bit, but I am posting this now in case you want to see/try the bike complete before you buy. It's in EXCELLENT shape and I take care of my stuff! The bike is awesome and will take you on many adventures!!!!

There are 3 options:

1) You buy the frameset, headset (Hope), seat post clamp (Hope), hydraulic brakes/shifters, cranks, front derailleur (all ultegra) - $1200

2) You buy the complete bike and I'll just start from scratch - but this has to be close to asking price or I won't do this - Asking $2200 (the bike with 105 groupset, crap wheels, generic seat post, stem, etc sells for $1800 so you are getting an awesome bike for $2200! See the 105 kit here: https://salsacycles.com/bikes/vaya/2018_vaya_apex).

If you go this route, the complete bike has the following: Thomson stem and seatpost, rest of drivetrain is ultegra, Mercury wheels (need to get you the details), Schwalbe g-one 35mm tubeless tires, and carbon fork as shown on the website. The price takes into account me keeping the carbon bars, unless I can get the same exact ones for my new bike. If I do this, I will put something on there for your or you can just take it and rewrap with your own bars.

3) Frameset alone or pick parts you need - we can make a deal.

Again, here is the link with the cheaper build kit, but the frame is the exact same one so you can see it and get the geometry: https://salsacycles.com/bikes/vaya/2018_vaya_apex

See pics, ask questions :) Thanks!!

20190622_112353 (2).jpg 20181201_124123.jpg 20190711_202204 (2).jpg 20190711_202338.jpg 20190711_202134.jpg 20190711_202151 (2).jpg 20190711_202204 (2).jpg 20190711_202156.jpg

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was telling Mare I'd be all over this bike if I wasn't trying so hard to minimize all my bikes. My plan was to sell two bikes and get the Vaya and now I'm holding off.

This was the last year before they started using that stupid adventure fork and it's got the nice paint job. I'm going to regret it when someone else snatches it up.

Mare

@Santapez if you change your mind and want to work out some kind of a deal, let's chat. I'm flexible with the bundling options :)

Mare

Still available!! My new frame arrives today so you are running out of time to try the Vaya before it is dismantled. And given the commotion over this posting, I know you are concerned to try it before the dismantling! Tick tock, tick tock.

Mare

Is it there yet? tell them you want the link to track the truck.....
Haha! Just saw this, but funny you ask. It was totally the Holy Grail of deliveries, particularly the scene with the guards (the guards being UPS, not me :))

Top Bottom