2018 Gravity Season

Ian F

Gwin is so gracious and personable - and is currently dominating a sport generally unknown outside of Europe (and maybe Down Under/OZ) - it puzzles me how he isn't promoted more in the mainstream US media. Especially considering how "clean cut" he is (devout Christian; doesn't drink).

oobaa47

Gwin is so gracious and personable - and is currently dominating a sport generally unknown outside of Europe (and maybe Down Under/OZ) - it puzzles me how he isn't promoted more in the mainstream US media. Especially considering how "clean cut" he is (devout Christian; doesn't drink).

Another guy that deserves major props is Dakota Norton. Such a down to earth and humbling dude....he went on the lift with a female pro devinci teammate, and I'm next in line....he says "come on in man let's make it 3 to a lift"...so I hopped in and didn't really act like I knew him or knew about the world cup scene and he conversed with me the whole way up....no arrogance, no ego, just talked about riding bikes with friends and having a good time....you could tell his head is on right....he must've had a stumble in the finals because he was only 2 seconds behind gwin in qualies....let's hope he continues his success in the world cup.... definitely pulling for him...

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another guy that deserves major props is Dakota Norton. Such a down to earth and humbling dude....he went on the lift with a female pro devinci teammate, and I'm next in line....he says "come on in man let's make it 3 to a lift"...so I hopped in and didn't really act like I knew him or knew about the world cup scene and he conversed with me the whole way up....no arrogance, no ego, just talked about riding bikes with friends and having a good time....you could tell his head is on right....he must've had a stumble in the finals because he was only 2 seconds behind gwin in qualies....let's hope he continues his success in the world cup.... definitely pulling for him...
That’s awesome! I saw him riding during practice on Friday and was pulling for him after I saw that qual time.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Seeing some of these guys n gals in action on Saturday’s runs was awesome. How the hell do they Jedi Mind Trick the bike through, over and around that shit like that?

Ian F

Seeing some of these guys n gals in action on Saturday’s runs was awesome. How the hell do they Jedi Mind Trick the bike through, over and around that shit like that?

Yeah... watching top pros ride stuff like that is both inspiring and depressing. On one hand I want to get to a mtn and shred. On the other, I know I will never be anywhere near that good and I should just sell the DH bike and take up knitting.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Anyone who even started that course should be proud of the accomplishment. Especially the early starters on Sunday in the rain.

My son was stoked to have Gwin sign his helmet too. Super nice guy.
20180527_104423.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
While you all were at Creek, we headed to Whistler this weekend and ran into Yoann Barelli. Most of the pro are so great to the kids!
View attachment 69695
WHAT! Whistler is at the top of my bucket list, and Yoann is probably my favorite rider on the interwebs. His videos are great....I even went and bought the same bike as him because I thought it would make me funnier I mean faster.

oobaa47

Pinkbike has a recap of the EWS Enduro East at MCBP up on it's page and there is a nice photo of someone rocking a mtbnj jersey......

Top Bottom