2019 Glen Park Enduros

DanBrodeen

The Pocono Bike Club brings racers three enduro races from two series in 2018. All located just over the border in Stroudsburg, PA. The Maxxis Eastern States Cup and Mid Atlantic Super Series open thier seasons at Glen Park for the second year in a row.

ESC Glen Park Enduro 4/22/18 register at http://www.easternstatescup.com/glen-park-pa/
MASS Round One Enduro 5/20/18 https://www.bikereg.com/massround1gp
MASS Final Round Enduro tentative date 11/11/18

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc..

Dan Brodeen
Pocono Bike Club Enduro event organizer

Ian F

No chance in hell I’ll be ready for the 4/22 event.

The 5/20 date conflicts with… everything… car event at Carlisle and DirtFest PA.

Nov 11 is probably clear…

V-Dub

The Pocono Bike Club brings racers three enduro races from two series in 2018. All located just over the border in Stroudsburg, PA. The Maxxis Eastern States Cup and Mid Atlantic Super Series open thier seasons at Glen Park for the second year in a row.

ESC Glen Park Enduro 4/22/18 register at http://www.easternstatescup.com/glen-park-pa/
MASS Round One Enduro 5/20/18 https://www.bikereg.com/massround1gp
MASS Final Round Enduro tentative date 11/11/18

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc..

Dan Brodeen
Pocono Bike Club Enduro event organizer
Hey it looks like rain on Monday, let us know when it's cool to preride for next weekend

DanBrodeen

Hey it looks like rain on Monday, let us know when it's cool to preride for next weekend
I’d hit it up Tuesday through the weekend. It’ll drain pretty quick. It’ll be marked on Friday. If you stay on the trails that are blown out you are on course. It’s very similar to the fall 2017 race.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So this is the numbers I was looking to see. I bet the first timers class is probably the biggest. Point being that the format of racing mtb is changing.
I been on board with this format of racing because it's still grass roots which brings the people. To me x c road and soon cx is dead to this type of racing. Mtb has been how good you are in tech riding not how fast you can climb a hill.

DanBrodeen

So this is the numbers I was looking to see. I bet the first timers class is probably the biggest. Point being that the format of racing mtb is changing.
I been on board with this format of racing because it's still grass roots which brings the people. To me x c road and soon cx is dead to this type of racing. Mtb has been how good you are in tech riding not how fast you can climb a hill.
Yeah it’s a good thing when you can be competitive without spending hours logging miles on the Trainer or road bike. Endurance definitely plays a part but it’s more about conserving energy between stages.
We are well into the 200s for registrations. It closes tonight or when it sells out. Looking like it could be an ESC record attendance for enduro!

Ian F

I don't know about that... when I was heavily racing DH, I trained my ass off - mostly on the road doing intervals. And that was only for maybe a 4 to 5 min run. Enduro is about 20 min of DH intensity and if you want to win, you will need to train like crazy no matter how good your technical skills are.

Glen Park is a great venue, but it's definitely one of, if not the, most physical off all the enduro venues around here. Besides having the climb between each stage, there are also a lot of pedaling sections where you can make up serious time if you have the power and endurance to go all-out.

Ian F

I suppose it also depends on natural talent. I can technically ride almost anything you put in front of me. But there's a huge difference between riding a trail and racing it.

Fat Trout

I would imagine most people who enter have no aspirations of winning or placing but do want to compete at some level via their class, group of friends or against themselves. I'm intrigued by the format and the course type. Seems like a lot of potential fun and you can make it as serious as you want to make it.

DanBrodeen

Record attendance! Largest enduro field in East coast history! Still as many as 25 spots left so get to Glen Park real early Saturday to get a spot. No guarantees though. 300 racers!!!!! Thanks to all the local racers supporting the event!

Top Bottom