2017 Specialized Enduro Comp 29'er

w_b

O man, tempting.... What was the issue with the Monarch? Seems like way too low use for needing service/rebuild....

CrankAddictRich

O man, tempting.... What was the issue with the Monarch? Seems like way too low use for needing service/rebuild....

I'm guessing you're basing the "way too low use" on the hours I listed. I'm the second owner, so I'm not sure how many hours the first user put on it (the bike is in very good shape though). I'm not 100% sure of what happened with the shock but as I understand it... I took the bike for a ride on Thanksgiving morning, when it was super cold... 19* I think. It's my understand ghat in the cold, the seals between the negative and positive sides of the shock shrink a little and the pressure pushed through and then got stuck on the negative side, so the shock wouldn't push back out. It was rebuilt by @jimvreeland so maybe her can chime in with the exact diagnosis... It works perfectly now.

Reactions: w_b

JerseyPete

I'm surprised that no one is buying this just to ride for a short while and then flip it in spring. Bike looks amazing, GLWS.

Top Bottom