2017 gravity season

DownhillR3

Riding DH again for the first time since leaving the industry working for MCBP.
Go to other rad parks In the Northeast.
Visit some old friends in the South who opened up at DH park.
Race Enduro.

Ian F

I have a few non-bike related projects in the works for 2017, so I don't have solid plans. I plan to get a season pass for Blue Mtn. I'm hoping the slalom track is maintained so I can use my Tazer there. Other than that, a few DH races... a few enduro races... and just ride. If my work load allows me to get out early enough, I may try to do a few of the Mtn Creek Friday Night races.

If vacation time works out, I'd like to take a trip up to NH/VT and spend a day or two at Highland and Burke/Kingdom.

On the World Cup front, the silly season is in full swing. Most shocking to me is the confirmation Rat Boy is stepping back from WC DH this year. :(

oobaa47

Matty, can you elaborate on this new mgmt? Prior bike park experience, more/less funding going towards bike park? Where did they come from?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I only read this from the 2016 thread. I have no first hand knowledge. Hopefully someone here knows more that can chime in.

DownhillR3

Yeah, most of you don't know but I was on the original crew of builders when Mountain Creek took over the Bike Park back in 2011. I worked at the resort for 10 years total and the Bike Park my remaining 4 years. Trail Builder, IMBA Coach, Bike Park Marketing, Events Coordinator for all the races and Pro-GRT. Because as some of you know, those of us true MCBP employees have been bikers all our lives, we live and breathe it. Now that i'm away from working in the industry i'm finally back to riding for myself, avg. 100 miles a week this year and loving it!

I'll keep my comments to myself on the new management now that all us actual riders have left the resort. The new management for the bike park has never thrown a leg over any type of bike in the past until they were put in these roles... would be like me opening up and running a hair salon. Niche market that I have NO CLUE about. ;)

oobaa47

Thanks downhillr3 for making Mcbp what it is today. The place has come so far. But that doesn't sound very promising for the future.... Hopefully they can pull it together.....

DownhillR3

Oobaa, no worries, we all had a blast at what we did there!
The competition has become fierce for bike parks now with everyone building in the Northeast.

Matty, I've heard talks of it. Before I departed one of the video projects was we all took DH bikes on the open ski slopes one morning on a 20F degree day. It was remarkable how fast and the grip that was available even on just fresh rubber. We had one of the best local shredders filming us and he couldn't even keep up, it was insane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom