UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Coming soon to your garage, or the world in general?
my garage.

Last scalpel I bought was in December 2011...in that time I have put almost 13,000 miles on most of it. Time for a new race bike finally

Yes, czero carbons. Not sure what the specs are...probably will never put 1 mile on them anyway as I will be swapping them out for valors.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It has
arrived
20170203_221658.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Congrats on the new ride. It will interesting to see how the new geometry works at split rock/wildcat.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I stripped off the packaging and put it together for the moment before I tear it all apart... Step 1
20170204_140828.jpg

I would like to have put some halters stickers on it, but I did not receive any in the box... Will have to get those later

Fit and finish on this bike seems nicer than my old scalpel..initial impression... As it sits with reflectors and tubes it weighed 24.8 lbs, which is about what my old scalpel weighed before I changed anything
Going to swap the wheels, brakes, xx1 to xx, seat/post... Maybe my opi stem, sisl crank arm/stages crank arm.... Should be a good bit lighter when I'm done

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What brakes are you going to put on?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I learned this after buying a new honda motorcycle and having to replace all of its suspension bearings in a few months...Factory's never grease anything properly....So ill just take care of it.

I think @soulchild used to do this level of breakdown on a weekly basis just to clean. :)

Are you going to do all the frame pivots?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you going to do all the frame pivots?
Ya I mean why the hell not once you tear it down this far. I also wanted to put some wrap on the frame and its just easier with everything off of it.

I also like to see where I can save some weight, so weighing some parts along the way. I mean I do weigh my XC race bike...but not sure if id call myself a weight weenie per say only because I dont buy the big money lightweight parts. Valors arent cheap, but the ride of valors is SO SO much better than my china carbon wheelset, I would use them for that reason. But other than valors, I mainly save weight like this for example:
stock seat/carbon seat post
n1NYVX3.jpg

My 5 year old selle italia carbon road saddle and aluminum KCNC ti pro-lite post from my old scalpel....its so beat to shit after 5 years (yes 5 years and I didnt break it) and many thousands of miles, im probably just going to replace both...I paid about $100 used for the saddle on ebay, the seatpost is about $75...Really I could probably sell the stock parts for that.
but anyway
bjBBdph.jpg

so thats 2/3rds of pound of without spending a ton of money...I mean there are lighter posts and saddles you can buy, but they get crazy expensive.

Top Bottom