2016 Giant Defy 1 Disc - Size M

lurker

up for sale is my pre-loved 2016 giant defy disc 1, medium in size. not exactly sure what it comes out to in cm but but im about 69 inches and this bike can probably fit you if your an inch or two taller or shorter as well. i changed the saddle to a shimano pro, as well as the bar and stem to match. i also swapped the wheels over to giant sl-0 disc wheelset ($450 new), dropped about 250g over the stock pr-2 wheels. other that that it has reliable 2x11 105 group, 32t cassette on back, 50/34 up front. TRP Sprye disc brakes 160/140 rotors. Brand new black bar tape, not the awesome yellow as in the pics. new front derailleur cable, regulary cleaned, adjusted and lubed overall. has always lived in my living room so it has stayed clean and safe. will either come with brand new botrager R2 28c tires (take off from my new bike), bontrager AW2 26c tubeless tires (about 200 miles on them) or Clement LGG skinwall 25c (about 200 miles as well). just let me know what tires you would like and ill get it set for ya. i can text more pics of specific things as well. everything is good and ready to rock and roll, nice shape, has usual wear and tear from riding. only thing id be interested in a trade would be for a CAAD8/10/12 54cm. wouldnt mind a cheaper bike with cash on top, not looking to spend any cash myself. asking $900 obo, motivated seller so dont hesitate to make a solid offer. text is faster, 908 963 9903, email is boni.dan@gmail.com or post up here, ill try and check it often

Attachments

• defy.png
    defy.png
    778.9 KB · Views: 113

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
FYI -

I think when people see a wall of text all they see is this:

blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah

evo456

I think you need a legit hobby if you have enough time to type blah 783 times, must be pretty boring being you.

Johnny Utah

ah another douche, come here to low ball me again?
Not this time (will you take $100?). I'll call you a million times later.

Better yet, I'll just lock the thread up.

We don't like name calling, but we do like a sense of humor.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So I'm going to re-open this - cause i think the lack of daylight is having a bad affect on a bunch of us.

I think @knobbyhead was trying to give advice, and what he wanted to say is that you have a really nice item to sell,
and the block of text isn't doing it justice. He may not have known that recommending a quick review of http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/tips-for-selling.14827/
will get you max $$ and a quick sale.

Concerning @Johnny Utah, when there was an attack, he wanted to lighten it up, you dug in. You didn't see any humor in each others' posts. He saw best to cut it off.

i think we can agree to not poke at each other. Seems like a good bike at a reasonable price. Fact is, it would fit me, i think, even at a towering 70" (hey, i used to be 71.5")

GLWS. And please, EVERYONE, assume if someone says something and it can be taken two ways, and one pisses you off, they probably meant the other.

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I want to public apologize to lurker.

As a show of good faith here's his ad in readable format:

up for sale is my pre-loved 2016 giant defy disc 1, medium in size. not exactly sure what it comes out to in cm but but I'm about 69 inches and this bike can probably fit you if your an inch or two taller or shorter as well.

Changes made by me:

changed the saddle to a shimano pro,as well as the bar and stem to match.
swapped the wheels over to giant sl-0 disc wheelset ($450 new), dropped about 250g over the stock pr-2 wheels.

other that that it has:
reliable 2x11 105 group, 32t cassette on back, 50/34 up front.
TRP Sprye disc brakes 160/140 rotors.

comes with Brand new black bar tape, not the awesome yellow as in the pics. new front derailleur cable,

regularly cleaned, adjusted and lubed overall.

has always lived in my living room so it has stayed clean and safe.

will either come with brand new botrager R2 28c tires (take off from my new bike) or bontrager AW2 26c tubeless tires (about 200 miles on them) or Clement LGG skinwall 25c (about 200 miles as well).
just let me know what tires you would like and ill get it set for ya.

i can text more pics of specific things as well.

everything is good and ready to rock and roll, nice shape, has usual wear and tear from riding.

only thing id be interested in a trade would be for a CAAD8/10/12 54cm. wouldn't mind a cheaper bike with cash on top, not looking to spend any cash myself.

asking $900 obo, motivated seller so don't hesitate to make a solid offer. text is faster, 908 963 9903, email is boni.dan@gmail.com or post up here, ill try and check it often

Added by knobbyhead:

This is a great bike and a good price. The reviews on it are really good and the 105 groupset is wonderful.

lurker

Thanks knobby, I'd like to apologize as well. I'm sure you didn't mean to be the way I took it. I appreciate you being the first to step forward and say sorry. Thanks for putting my ad into a comprehensible format, I typed it on my comp at work and it didn't look as bad as it does on the my phone. I agree it was a huge ramble mess

Top Bottom