2015 Surly ECR size Large (20") - Singlespeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumonkan

$1300

this bike is bulletproof, I've ridden it hard for 1000 miles and raced it, caught 4' of air on it, taken it bikepacking and never once has it complained, creaked, come loose, or needed tinkering. just water it every once in a while and take it out for exercise and it will probably outlast you. it is fun and lively and does a great job of shutting up anyone that tells you big wheels are slow.

Headset:
FSA Orbit-X

Crankset:
RaceFace Ride

Freewheel/Chainring/Chain:
ECHO Trials Freewheel 18t/RaceFace Narrow-Wide 32t/KMC K810SL

Handlebars/Stem:
Salsa Woodchipper/Thomson X4 80mm

Saddle/Seatpost:
Origin8 Road Saddle(not pictured)/ Thomson Elite

Brakes:
Avid BB7 Road 160mm rotors/ SRAM S500 levers

Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Surly Rabbit Hole/Paul Disk FHUB/Surly Knard 3"

Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Surly Rabbit Hole/Paul Disk WORD/Surly Knard 3"

rear hub is a fixed hub, you can run a freewheel as i have now or a fixed cog (i can include a Soma 21t cog and the Paul locking if you want). the freewheel is a 108 point engagement trials hub, it is very loud and has 3º of engagement which is great for technical low speed trails and scaring wildlife. engagement feels like a fixed gear setup with a slack chain.

the wheels were built by master wheel builder Dave Scrod @ Retrogression in San Diego, in the life of the wheels they have yet to need any attention outside of topping off the sealant. They are currently setup tubeless with gorilla tape and have been solid, didn't need any crazy shit with split tubes or building up the rim bed with foam mattresses. plenty of life left in the knards.

does NOT come with iSSi pedals, it will have standard flat pedals installed or you can roll your own

I can include the full camo suite of Revelate Designs luggage for an extra $250

12142136_949498625122099_958944497_n.jpg

surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_2.jpg

surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_5.jpg

surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_9.jpg
surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_1.jpg

surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_4.jpg

surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_7.jpg
surly-ecr-the-hunter-23857_8.jpg

Last edited:
if you are looking at this thread, that means you should buy this bicycle!

ps: price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom