2014 Singlespeed-A-Palooza

Pampa

Since I missed out on SSaP I'm thinking about doing the Michaux MASS Endurance race on the same day. I hear it's kind of rocky/technical so it should be good training for BS 50. Does any one have a link to a map of the course by chance? Or has done this race before? Not sure if to try do it SS or geared.

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
Can't wait for the tasty free beeeer and hot dogs!
Thanks for the reg hookup Reggie!... lightning sausage fingers!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I registered on my phone while at mahlon today. Still just barely made it and it was at about 12:20

xc62701

Since I missed out on SSaP I'm thinking about doing the Michaux MASS Endurance race on the same day. I hear it's kind of rocky/technical so it should be good training for BS 50. Does any one have a link to a map of the course by chance? Or has done this race before? Not sure if to try do it SS or geared.

That's the move. I'll be there. Haven't done it before but from riding in the area and other descriptions I've heard it'll be some rocky goodness.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed

If the course is the same as it has been in the past, it's beyond technical in quite a few sections. The funny thing is, those sections are interrupted by some long fire road sections. But there are about four or five insanely rocky descents (I remember this specifically because the last time I did it, I went rigid and my arms felt like jelly when I finsihed.) If it's still the two lap format, just be aware that the second lap is not the same as the first lap and it's a lot tougher. It's a really fun race - hell, ANY race at Michaux is a lot of fun - but it's definitely very challenging.

Pampa

If the course is the same as it has been in the past, it's beyond technical in quite a few sections. The funny thing is, those sections are interrupted by some long fire road sections. But there are about four or five insanely rocky descents (I remember this specifically because the last time I did it, I went rigid and my arms felt like jelly when I finsihed.) If it's still the two lap format, just be aware that the second lap is not the same as the first lap and it's a lot tougher. It's a really fun race - hell, ANY race at Michaux is a lot of fun - but it's definitely very challenging.

If you wanted to scare me, you succeeded :) I was thinking about going with my fat bike (rigid, of course) but now I don't know. I guess I'll decide closer to the date. Luckily this race doesn't have a cap so I can register at last moment. In the mean time I'll try to ride more technical stuff.

Ryan, Chris, good to know you'll be there.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
If you wanted to scare me, you succeeded :) I was thinking about going with my fat bike (rigid, of course) but now I don't know. I guess I'll decide closer to the date. Luckily this race doesn't have a cap so I can register at last moment. In the mean time I'll try to ride more technical stuff.

Ryan, Chris, good to know you'll be there.

If you're planning on doing the 50, you'l probably want to leave the fat bike home. It really is a very fun race, but it's also tough. That's Michaux. I cna't think of any Michaux race I've ever done that isn't tough. But every time I finish one, I swear I'm never going to skip another.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so bummed i missed this. i had everything ready to go then, well, i got kinda busy. i'll probably come up and hang out anyway.

Joe J

Looks like the format has changed to a 4hr with laps of 11k.

http://www.fastforwardracingproductions.com/p/michaux-off-road-weekend.html

EABODS

This race is overpriced, $75 to slop through a bunch of cold puddles? It's actually offensive to mountain bike racers and the people who support the community.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From Our Friends at Darkhorse Cycles

An open letter to local racers...dear racers...yes we raised the entry fee to $75.00 for SSAP. This will allow us to give more cash to "ALL" classes including sport racers. This will allow us to bring back surprise cash premium cards on the course for all classes. The proceeds from SSAP 2013 will allow me to go to Shop Rite tomorrow morning to buy food gift cards for needy kids and their families at Valley Central High School. Then the proceeds will allow me to go to Target to buy gift cards for jackets, hats, gloves, and decent shoes for the winter. The proceeds will also pay for counseling for students that have been abused by their foster homes because of nowhere else to go. If you have spare time tomorrow to walk away from your bitching, meet me at the shop at 7:30 and accompany me on my selfish mission. Otherwise...like our buddies from Maine say...refresh your browsers on Super Bowl Sunday and support those that support you! Thank you all..."The Mayor

Sounds to me like it's worth the money. I have no problem here.

PS: For the record this was pulled from FB from November. Not in response from these post. I posted to reference the fact that this also helps the Community..

Last edited:

pedals

Good work Mayor !! Will be happy to slop through cold puddles again.. I may get DFL prize this year... Save me a beer someone !!:p

BShow

This race is overpriced, $75 to slop through a bunch of cold puddles? It's actually offensive to mountain bike racers and the people who support the community.
This race routinely sells out in a few hours. Priced at $75, it still sold out in a few hours. To me, that would suggest that the race is under priced. I know I'd pay more.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Who knew there were 11 people nearby that would unicycle this??

Top Bottom