• IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Johnny Utah

This is the sickest El Mariachi steel made. The finish/scheme on these is perfect. Thank goodness it is a large, as I just bought a medium. What a gorgeous bike.

Jim & Val

Hey Ken I'm definitely interested in this bike. I have a large carbon Trek road bike for possible trade
Jim

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
"Here is the skinny on Kung Fu tubing. Kung Fu is a fully proprietary triple butted seamless steel tube set. Its actually stronger and yet far more affordable than the OX platinum tubes that we used to use. We are very excited about Kung Fu tubes and you will see them used on more of our products in the future. Why the name? Well...that is actually a funny story. When Pete Koski (the engineer here at Salsa that designed the tubes) first brought the design to the company the physically makes the tubing for us they were so impressed by the design that they told him he had "good engineering Kung Fu".
-Bobby, Salsa Cycles"

OX/853/KungFu, I doubt any of us could blindly pick which steel they were riding.

walter

Fourth Party
I have the kung fu cro-moly bike and only wish I jumped on the el mariachi when they were made with ox platinum tubing

@walter

I agree with Ken, they are all awesome. But, one of my happiest days was when I bought this bike back from rlb.
FB_IMG_1449360664653.jpg
that being said, the El Mar is a fantastic, versatile bike. Someone is going to be very happy with it. Plus, that orange is sick!

TonyC

Huh, thinking about it... it's a great bike. My '08 still going strong, my son rides her.
Screenshot_2015-12-05-21-26-47.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-05-21-26-47.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-05-21-26-47.png
    566.8 KB · Views: 2

wonderturtle

great looking bike and in my size!

ask your friend if he'll trade it for a much older (2006) heavier (Redline Monocog) steel singlespeed with the shittiest hydraulic brakes ever made but decent wheels. lets trade!

but for real. this is a good deal. someone needs to pick this up quick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom