2010 Formula 1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That complex of new turns looks downright scary. Those guys must be clinching up big time going through there.

I'm still confused as to who to root for this year. In the past few years, I went for honda/brawn and secondly went for Alonso. Now, I want to root for Button obviously, but a part of me want to root for mercedes, as Fry and Brawn are over there. So, if a silver car wins, I guess I will be happy.

Definitely was hoping for a better performance from Button, but he definitely has a car setup where he is just ON and if the car isn't there, then his performance isn't much to cheer about. Hopefully after a few races, he will have that McLaren all sorted out.

Snore-fest in Bahrain...even by f1 standards.

I've decided that I don't like the fuel ban. Things don't get mixed up enough.

Only a tiny bit of "excitement" due to a cracked header....

yea, the fuel ban is a really dumb idea. You could see how weighed down the cars were at the start. I turned it off half way through and dvred the rest. Boring. . .

Even some of the drivers were commenting on what a snore-fest it was. Button and Shumi both said that passing was only gonna' happen if somebody made a major mistake (which today showed), and the "top 8" guys are some of the best F1 drivers ever.

This sucks; such a strong group of drivers up front and all we're going to be able to see is follow the leader. Bernie's head must be exploding right about now.

They'd better figure something else out quick before Schumi's comeback buzz settles down and everybody tunes out. I have a pretty high tolerance for the "follow-the-leader" parades that many GPs turn into as I find I'm more interested in the off track stuff, but even I was having trouble keeping my eyelids open today. The fueling ban will almost guarantee every race is a snore-fest based on what I saw today.

Red Bull's Mark Webber blamed the rule makers, asking scathingly:"Why do they keep dicking with it?" :rofl:
I always liked him.

I knew it was a bad idea to do away with refueling. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport. I say give them all the tires and fuel they want. I loved the days when they would qualify with hand grenade engines. I don't like how they're only allowed 8 engines a year.

I don't know what the cost containment, yet avoid the procession, solution is...but it certainly went backwards this year.

I definitely fell out of the loop a bit this off season, but I dont understand the point of the no refueling. We all know that there was some sketchy refueling moments last season, but I can't see a cost saving reason for it. All the teams did was add more hands in the pits for tire changes, so if anything there is more staff on the payroll, more people around the car during stops, and let's be honest. Having 400# of fuel throughout the car is just not safe. The start of the race was downright sluggish. I think you could have beaten Vettel to T1 in a BTTC.

Sure, there is a safety benefit to banning refueling, but that had little to do with it I think.

I think the idea was to eliminate the "passing in the pits" which has come to dominate most overtaking in recent years and get passing back onto the track. With the extra need to care for the tires (heavier cars wear tires faster/differently) plus the ever changing handling of the car as the fuel load burns off, they probably thought enough variability (and potential for error/mistakes) would result in more mixing it up.

Put a budget cap on the teams, no limits on tires and fueling, and a simple formula (like SCCA simple; key dimensions only). Beyond that, whatever the engineers/designers can dream up and whatever the drivers can drive. In other words, give the teams the ability to do whatever the hell they want as long as they're not in a position to grossly outspend anybody else.

They could resurrect the course from the Meadowlands Grand Prix from the mid-eighties. That'll never happen.
There was serious talk around that time of a Indy car or F1 course in lower Manhattan.

I was happy with the race. Definitely a lot more action than the opener. And as a big JB fan, it couldn't have gotten much better. Once Vettel gets his reliability addressed, he will be the one with the target on his back.

After round four...

Top 5 drivers w/in 15 points of each other. This is good, but wouldn't be the case, I think, if half the races weren't in the wet so far.

And my faith in Mr. Schmacher is getting close to wavering. Sure, he had the lug nut problem in Malaysia and an evil handling car in China, but dude, Nico has gone from outclassing you by a little to A LOT...things are going the wrong direction in a big way.

There is now a three week break 'til Spain. That is a lot of time for the engineers and Shumi to pour over the data and get a handle on what it will take to make the car handle to his liking. And, it is his F1 return to Europe. If he can't close the gap to Nico in Spain, and then school the kid in Monaco, I too will have to join the ranks of the critics and conclude the Schumi of old is gone :cry:

Nico has come a long way it would seem. I wonder if Heidfeld is still looking for a drive?:rolleyes:
The rain is always the great equalizer. What the hell happened to Red Bull in the pits? Webber's extended stop effectively killed any hope Vettel had for victory.
I love how in the post race interview Hamilton had no answer for his pit lane incident when first aksed about it.
They gotta bring back refueling.

Hamilton: (loose quote) 'I'm not aware of any incident with Vettle?'
Tool.
When the question was rephrased, it seemed to have jogged his mind alittle.
I think Shumi would have done a little bit better when he said his tires were falling away, about midway, and they didn't let him pit when he wanted to. Bad stratagy. I'm hoping he'll bounce back:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom