2009 MTBNJ Raffle

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now that the election is over, we can move on to more important things...

With 2009 right around the corner we've been working on the 2009 MTBNJ Picnic Raffle in the hopes to bring you guys some very cool schwag this year. So far, it looks like we should be able to deliver. This is going to be somewhat setup like JORBA's bike raffle but not entirely the same. There will be more ways to earn tickets, including straight-up buying them. So first, let's list the current prizes:

1. Toshiba 42" Flatscreen HD LCD TV
2. A yet unnamed big bike item
3. A pair of Hutchinson Python 29er Tubeless tires
4. A large Giro Helmet
5. 10 person party platter from the Great Wazu
X. Various items yet uncollected (TBD)

I can assure you this list will grow. Right now, we're just looking to get that top prize as enticing as we can and the TV is a fantastic starting point. Ideally we'd like to get that #2 item to be a bike build of some sort, but with the winter months coming on we're not asking anything of the shops until after the tough winter months subside.

How do I get a raffle ticket?

1. By showing up at a designated MTBNJ Group Ride, you get 1 ticket.
2. By showing up at a designated MTBNJ TM Session, you get 1 ticket.
3. You can buy tickets at either #1 or #2.
4. You can buy tickets at the day of the picnic, date TBD.

Some rules:

1. Everyone is eligible other than Jake/Steve/Me and our families.
2. You must be a registered board member to earn a free ticket.
3. Anyone can buy a ticket but your name/email needs to be recorded.
4. Tickets are $5 a pop, unless otherwise stated.
5. If El Zoller wins the grand prize, we get to beat him up and steal his lunch money.

As we've stated previously, our aim here is to promote mountain biking in the state of NJ. By encouraging people to do group rides and TM sessions via good old fashioned bribery, we hope to spread the word and get more people out there on the trails, riding with others, and helping build and fix the trails.

We're also thinking about a "bring your unregistered friend" way to get tickets, possibly for TM sessions and rides we want to really promote. Also, stay tuned for additions to the prize list. As we get more stuff to give away, you'll know about it.

Thanks for listening and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What qualifies as an official MTBNJ TM session?

Great question!

Right now the official MTBNJ sessions will be some/all of the sessions at Mahlon, Chimney Rock, and Six Mile. Basically that boils down to team riders being chapter leads at MD and CR, and our team title sponsor for 2009 being Halter's. So as a "day 1" thing, the people closely associated with the team/site would be obvious choices.

We're not tied down to any number though. If you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll let you know what we would need to add Sourlands to that list.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
....5. If El Zoller wins the grand prize, we get to beat him up and steal his lunch money.....

Bring it on....:getsome:

remember...
If you mess with one bean, you mess with the whole burrito....

anyway, I will be looking for the bike build, not the T.V. ;)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Great question!

Right now the official MTBNJ sessions will be some/all of the sessions at Mahlon, Chimney Rock, and Six Mile. Basically that boils down to team riders being chapter leads at MD and CR, and our team title sponsor for 2009 being Halter's. So as a "day 1" thing, the people closely associated with the team/site would be obvious choices.

We're not tied down to any number though. If you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll let you know what we would need to add Sourlands to that list.

So will all official MTBNJ sessions be labled as such in the threads? I guess you'll know if it is an official session if the ride leader is selling the raffle tickets.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So will all official MTBNJ sessions be labled as such in the threads? I guess you'll know if it is an official session if the ride leader is selling the raffle tickets.

Yes, everything will be labeled as such in advance. The official group ride schedule will be maintained by Mare, and I think she'll post a schedule sooner or later.

MD TM this Sunday! Check it out!

mwlikesbikes

This is what I think of this raffle

Attachments

• dude sweet.jpg
    dude sweet.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 158

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Guys, I just sent Shaggz my thoughts on this. I am sure he'll let you know if the ideas are worth a sh*te or not. :)

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
this is awesome. not only do i want to ride anyhow, but now i have even MORE incentive to get out there and get new riders out there as well. great idea fellas!

Top Bottom