2009 KHS XC Team Large

dhunt8705

I am selling my barely riden 2009 KHS XC Team - large (20") frame size.
I rode this bike lightly for one season. Dont have time to ride anymore b/c working 2 jobs.
This bike was built and maintained by a professional mechanic/shop.
I am asking $2800 obo

Fork: 2010 Rock Shox Reba Team 100mm with poplock
Wheels: Shimano XT wheelset
Tires: Kenda Nevegal 26x2.1 UST(tubeless) with Cafe Latex
Handlebar: Truvativ Noir Worldcup 31.8mm Cardon riser
Stem: Truvativ Stylo Worldcup 90mm, stock ti hardware
Seatpost: Truvativ Noir Worldcup Carbon 0 offset, stock ti hardware
Seat: WTB Laser V Team
Grips: ODI Rogue Lock-ons
Front and rear deraileurs: Shimano XT Shadow 3x9
Cassette and ChainL Shimano XT, 11-32T
Crankset: RaceFace Deus XC with external bb - using 3rd ring bashgaurd, but have stock ring too
Brakes: Hayes Stroker Trail, with carbon levers, 6" front and rear - using Shimano disc adpators to run Hayes rotors
*Lever and caliper hardware upgraded to ti, have stock hardware too

Attachments

• 54775_187206887971734_116913871667703_653151_889866_o.jpg
    54775_187206887971734_116913871667703_653151_889866_o.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
If you guys think I'm way out of line, let me know what you would recommend. I know what I have into to it, and what the stuff retailed for new, and yes this was a pieced together bike. Thanks.

If you guys think I'm way out of line, let me know what you would recommend. I know what I have into to it, and what the stuff retailed for new, and yes this was a pieced together bike. Thanks.

I don't know how much you have into this bike, but from what I've seen, bikes in that price range don't sell easily on this site. This might be an extreme example, but not too long ago, somebody sold a new Trek 8500 and 2008 GF Superfly for $2000 COMBINED. Again, this was probably the deal of a lifetime, but just to give you an idea.

IMO, eBay is the way to go for this type of sale. People might gripe about the fees, shipping, etc, but you have a nationwide buyers' market and only those who are serious will bid. Just my $0.02

Good luck whatever you decide.

I have to agree with Steve.

If a bike has a 2 in front of it, people aren't interested. You have a few scenarios. The most common one is that the bike isn't worth $2000, but the owner really wants it to be. So there's no interest. Sometimes the owner knows he's only going to get $1500 for it, but starts at $2000 expecting the low-ball. But the $2000 makes people shy away.

If the bike is actually worth $2000, say it's a $5000 bike, people are skeptical.

Components don't matter. You can list out the most awesome spec and people seem to make the assessment on the frame, the fork, and the wheels. Everything else is immaterial. Besides, the spec is usually highly personal, and the prospective buyer is probably not going to want exactly what you built up.

These are random thoughts. Maybe most people just don't come to the board for this kind of info. It's sad in a way.

The general consensus is ask 50% of what you spent. I think that might be a little low for a genuinely "as-new" bike, but it's in the ball park. You have to remember that a used bike has no warranty at all, so there has to be a steep discount for the risk of buying used.

And there is a big difference between retail prices and what stuff actually sells for, generally. Most guys on here are pretty well informed about what stuff is truly worth. Thankfully most stuff sells for less than retail in the winter!

kinda what evrybody else said. But that price seems alot for a used mtn bike. I know it's spec'd nice and looks likes it's in good shape. For instance, if I was going to sell my 2010 Top Fuel 8, I would probably start under 2K and hope to get 1700 for it which is a bit more than half of MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom