2008 Year-End Wrap up

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
9 mtb races, 18 CX races. rode my bike atleast 250 days. miles unknown , in the 1000's

With breaking my collarbone in June, I missed some key races I looked foward to, like ... The Nationals at Mt. Snow, Jamie Bogner's race at Highbridge NYC, one round of the NY State MTB Series and 2 rounds of the
H2H series. With that I still managed to race in 15 Mountain Bike races and 16 Cyclocross events. I placed 3rd overall in the H2H +35 Sport class, 2nd overall in the NY State MTB series (Pokgirl aced the series) 2nd in NYCyclocross Series and 7th out of 58 competitors in the Cross MAC series. Last year I had no clue on how to train for racing. In 09' I'm on the Velo Bella Cycling team and have a dialed racing/weight training plan in place that started today. Most important is to just have fun and no injuries that keeps me off the bikes.

RC ... :)

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Nothing impressive on my stats, but after reading this thread I decided to check my Garmin stats. I got it as a Xmas present last year, so pretty much I used it all year, I might've missed about 5 rides.
I turns out I logged 1,470 miles! I am happily surprised since I didn't expect to ride much after baby numero 2 showed up back in May.....but yet a bigger surprise....822 of those miles were on the road!!!! I did more road miles than dirt miles, does that make me a roadie?!?!?! :(. At least I put that $20 bike :rolleyes: to good use.

No MTB races this year, but I finished 3 Centuries (argh, more roadie stuff :()

pinkshirtphotos

I did nothing fun to great. I rode my road bike in the spring a little bit, got to lazy to fix it so I havent ridden true road since. I did buy a 29er ss, loved pushing that around for the year. Also started twisting the throttle. Towards the end of the year I began to not like riding as much anymore. I think I overdid it, maybe it will come back in the spring. One thing I will never do is sell my 9er.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Nothing impressive on my stats, but after reading this thread I decided to check my Garmin stats. I got it as a Xmas present last year, so pretty much I used it all year, I might've missed about 5 rides.
I turns out I logged 1,470 miles! I am happily surprised since I didn't expect to ride much after baby numero 2 showed up back in May.....but yet a bigger surprise....822 of those miles were on the road!!!! I did more road miles than dirt miles, does that make me a roadie?!?!?! :(. At least I put that $20 bike :rolleyes: to good use.

No MTB races this year, but I finished 3 Centuries (argh, more roadie stuff :()

Well, all this an the freak frame break on the Jamis might be telling you that being a roadie is your destiny :D

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Nah, I'm not saying that he's not destined to be one, but 822 miles does not make one a roadie,
just someone who rides road by convenience.

You've got to have mileage in the 1,000's and have a minimum 3 miles road for every off-road mile.
It's in the rule book.
;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just did some Excel number munging and I'm in sad shape as fas as the off-roading is concerned:

126 road rides
62 trainer rides
38 mountain bike rides

That's gotta change for 2009. The road rides is fine, but those trainer rides need to be as low as possible. 62 is a sad number.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I feel like I had a pretty good year. Travelled a decent amount with friends to ride the day trip parks, and rode the local parks quite often. I had a stretch over the summer where I didn’t fuel my truck for over a month, and rode to the trails in Allaire damn near every ride I did in spring/summer/fall.

I am very anti-GPS and anti miles logging. The only time I actually tracked miles was on my road bike in October while away at school in CA. I logged a bit over 600 miles in 5 weeks, which was pretty cool considering I was in a high paced school environment. Sometime in November the odometer on that bike went over 1k, and I reset it. Just log ride by ride now.

Best mtb rides of 2008: Flume Trail, Tahoe for the amazing scenery. Any Allaire ride with my dysfunctional group of friends would rank up there as well for the comedy.

Best road ride: Hands down riding the "1" from Petaluma to San Francisco. I did a few road rides in Tahoe that were epic, and had a lot of great climbing days while in Sonoma/Marin, but the day I went to San Francisco was just awesome.

liong71er

i can't seem to remember my ride or races but,...i have two computer:
cmputer 1 odo at 600 mile.(3 month)
cmputer 2 odo at 1165 mile.(11 month)

i wonder how far i can go this year??

Mare

I finally got my 2008 stats:

MTB: 1599 miles, 205 hours
Road: 233 miles, 15 hours (I never got going on the road bike this year, obviously)
Hiking: 300 miles, 89 hours

12,000 bowls of cereal consumed
Back, ITB, knee and ankle pain (all down my left side)
No major crashes (knock on wood)

This January (only 6 days in), I have already done more miles that I did last January :)

Glancing Aft

Miles biked: 1,960.96
Days on the bike: 185
Bike Races: 14

Days on skis: 42

90% of my biking was on the MTB which is why my mileage count is so low.

gtluke

The Moped
Bought an epic expert, put 800 miles on it on singletrack. Broke 3 rims and 2 rear shocks and tore open 1 UST tire.
I put over 1000 miles of singletrack down this year and I'm still fat and winded :D

Top Bottom