2008 Trail Maintenance Dates

Wobbegong

Next Trail Maint. Date:

Sunday October 26, 9:00 am Jaques Lane Parking Lot.

Sunday, March 2nd

Sunday, April 20th

Meet at the Main Parking Lot on Canal Road at 9am. There will be a post work ride if conditions permit.

Jdog and I hope to see you there! We have some good stuff in store, with more dates to be announced.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
the TM efforts at 6MR are really gaining momentum thanks to the efforts coordinated by the twojays and JORBA. great job, guys :cool:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I am on a mission this year to get as many new faces out to 6 mile.

Most everyone who has been out to ride has enjoyed the work we have put into the park.

6 mile is a legit mt bike park at this point. This is something that i never thought would happen.

We can never add elevation but we are doing what we can to make the most of the given terrain.

We have played by the rules and worked with the land managers to make this happen.

This just proves that if you want trails bad enough you can make it happen.

Let's hope for great weather and a good turnout.

peas

J_

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I see it starts at 9am, what time does you guys usually work til? Are partial days exceptable?

jdog

Shop Keep
I see it starts at 9am, what time does you guys usually work til? Are partial days exceptable?

On the 2nd we will be working near the Canal road lot. (the next one might be off 27) There happens to be a pretty big piece of land that sits high and dry. It is the biggest section left along the blue trail that has no single-track.

You can leave early for sure. You will just be heckled as you walk away.

You might be able to off-set the heckling by bringing Gatorade or coffee and donuts.

I can't wait to cut this section as it has some potential for tons of log piles and twisty turns.

I am also wondering about a head count so I can prepare enough tools.

I think that Frank is coming and he will bring will bring his stuff but I haven't seen a 100% yes yet.

So far I think we should see about 15 people but if you can post here it would be cool.

ahh.. a Poll!

Nice

J_

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Will you be working on the area where you marked that trail near the log piles? The one with the historic land? That area looks like it will be fun...

jimmysnukastyle

Trail Maintenance

I'm in - looking forward to it - missed last one and have been hoping to get more involved. I have a lot of tools - let me know what you need.
Dan

jdog

Shop Keep
SEPT 14th!

Sept 14th (Sunday).

This will be an ambitious trail day that will start off the Red trail just west of South Middlebush Road. We will be adding a whole new network that has a large potential. This section has some elevation changes and a very unique feel.

I hope that many of you can come out and help add a new trail that i know everyone will be riding.

Since this is such a big add-on it might have to be an out-and-back section until we can complete the loop.

I will post more details on parking but for now mark 9am on September 14th as a day to trail build!

Thanks

J-dog

jdog

Shop Keep
yo i'm down. any idea as to what time the TM will be at?

9am.

This is a full rough section. This means that we won't be following existing deer trails or old ATV tracks. Much of this is off camber so a lot of earth moving will be called for.

This might be the most ambitious trail build to date.

Also keep in mind that this section will cut through a major hunting zone. We have the park system behind us on this so in the end the hunters need to realize that they are not the only users of this land. Just be aware and ready for user conflict in this area.

I will be doing a final pre-walk with the Park's Naturalist next Friday morning if anyone want to come along.

j-

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
9am.

Also keep in mind that this section will cut through a major hunting zone. We have the park system behind us on this so in the end the hunters need to realize that they are not the only users of this land. Just be aware and ready for user conflict in this area.

j-

right on -

there's a funny trend in the mindset going on with hunters lately (at least local NJ hunters)... especially with guys involved in ducks unlimited (such as myself). i noticed recently in meetings that although hunters prefer their own spot (like any outdoor user group) they are becoming more concerned with keeping the land they use available right now. i know one ducks unlimited chapter recently teamed up with the sierra club (who woulda thought?) to keep some wetlands open in the northern jersey area. and the nature conservancy also teamed up with ducks unlimited way up in canada for some wetlands preservation work. i guess the mutual interest of open space is making for some strange bedfellows.

i think as long as both groups are sensitive to each others use of the land - things can work out better for the both of them... so as long as we don't run over hunters, and they don't shoot us, we should be cool :D

either way - it sounds real cool - new trails rock!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions