2008 Trail Maintenance Dates

BiknBen

Since this is such a big add-on it might have to be an out-and-back section until we can complete the loop.

You may want to employ the method of doing the start and end of the trail last. Don't do the first and last 100' until you are ready to open the trail. That could reduce confusion and keep others from doing rogue stuff before the trail is even complete.

Just my 2 cents. You da man and I'll most likely be there for the TM.

THATmanMANNY

Looking forward to the TM. BTW it's the day after the bikefest...

Also, on the 27 side about half way through twisties there was a sign that said keep out in orange and black across some tress & what looks to be a trail someone started cutting... what's that? I saw it a couple weeks ago. (hope my description doesn't suck)

warcricket

Like a Jerk

Also, on the 27 side about half way through twisties there was a sign that said keep out in orange and black across some tress & what looks to be a trail someone started cutting... what's that? I saw it a couple weeks ago. (hope my description doesn't suck)

i'm curious too. it's right after the two bridges

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

I saw this cut. It wasn't me. There is a house to the north side of the trail that that might lead to??

J_

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Sept 14th (Sunday).

This will be an ambitious trail day that will start off the Red trail just west of South Middlebush Road. We will be adding a whole new network that has a large potential. This section has some elevation changes and a very unique feel.

I hope that many of you can come out and help add a new trail that i know everyone will be riding.

Since this is such a big add-on it might have to be an out-and-back section until we can complete the loop.

I will post more details on parking but for now mark 9am on September 14th as a day to trail build!

Thanks

J-dog

im going to mark my calander :)

Wobbegong

Six Mile TM - Sunday September 14th - 9am

We will meet at 9am at the House owned by the park, next to where the trail crosses S. Middlebush road. We will work till we fall over.

This will be a pretty serious build out since there is no existing trail. This will be a fresh cut.

Many hands will make for lighter work.

You will need:

Long pants, Work gloves, Water, food, etc. Wear clothing that you don't care about. Bug spray might not hurt.

We are encouraging people who ride 6 mile to come out and give back a little trail love.. This is especially true if you have never been to a TM day before.

Thanks and hope to see you there.

J and J.

Wobbegong

Sunday October 26, 9:00 am Jaques Lane Parking Lot.

Come join the fun! Its trail maintenance time! We will be working on grooming the new Red Trail section. Most of the work involved will be bench cutting trail, grooming some bumpy sections and working on some of the corners. All of the work will be on the single track in the woods.

Wear long pants and long sleeve shirt and gloves. We have tools, but bring your own if you like.

Meet at the Jaques Lane parking lot at 9am. We will walk in with tools.

I believe Jdog wont be able to make this session, so we will need about 4 people to replace his usual work!

I hope to see you there.

Jason P.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
crap, i can't make it again - i'm taking a part of the CPA exam the following day at 9:00am and will need every last second to practice questions at that point.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just show up, in general. Wear pants, boots, and bring some gloves. Usually there are enough tools to go around.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions