2008 NJ Races?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I assume the H2H series will be back in 2008. And I suspect the 24 HoA will be back as well. But other than those 6 NJ races, will anything else be on the plate?

I ask because it occurs to me that from 2006 to 2007 we "lost" 3 races:

• Running of the Dogs
  • 12 O'Muchy
  • All/More-O-Muchy

From 2005 to 2006 the Genesis Wawayanda race got canned as well. I tend to doubt Genesis is coming back. But I'm wondering about the other 3. Anyone know anything? Bummer of a trend to go from 9 races in 2006 to 6 in 2007.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
If I remember correctly, last year Bulldog claimed they were only going to have the Running of the Dawgs every other year. We shall see. Anyone remember why the 12 o muchy was canceled this year?

rocknrollgirl

The race director told me they had too much on their plate and that they would try for this year. I hope so, that was a great race.

xc62701

I can't say anything for sure but there's been some talk of one of those 3 coming back...

N

Neen

Woods Hollow Race? Where exactly is that held? And please don't say "in Woods Hollow"! :rolleyes:

rocknrollgirl

Woods Hollow is held at Tatum Park in Monmouth County. It is a fun race. It was so freakin' hot this summer. People were dropping like flies....

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Woods Hollow is held at Tatum Park in Monmouth County. It is a fun race. It was so freakin' hot this summer. People were dropping like flies....
It's a fun race, but not really a mountain bike race in the traditional sense. More like a cyclocross course that's been stretched out to a little under 4 miles. Lots of grassy fields, some dirt road, and smidgen of smooth singletrack.

If it ever occurred in my lifetime, I'd likely die of a heart attack, but the fantasy race is Hartshorne. There is ample parking at the high school, and the start could be run off the pavement and onto the fire road before hitting the singletrack. A 5 mile+ race loop that offers more fun than a barrel of monkeys is right there. And what a cool venue for a race, with the ocean literally one minute away. But it ain't gonna happen.

N

Neen

Ah okay, I know of that race now. And Hartshorne would be a fantastic place for a race. Now back to the topic....

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Allmuchy races

No 12'O or All-A-Muchy for next year , sorry.

And no its not because of trail impact or anything dramatic. Just too much to do and not enought time to do it, before or after the race.

Thanks to everyone that has come out to our events in the past, we enjoyed seeing everyone have fun!!!

Bob W.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No 12'O or All-A-Muchy for next year , sorry.

And no its not because of trail impact or anything dramatic. Just too much to do and not enought time to do it, before or after the race.

Thanks to everyone that has come out to our events in the past, we enjoyed seeing everyone have fun!!!

Bob W.

Ah well, bummer. But thanks for clearing it up. I hear the real reason is because Weber is too busy coming up with names for his unofficial races and you can't get him to do any work?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Coolio, thanks! Whatever happened to the Williams Lake race? And boy I get to see how poorly I climb nice and early at Tymor!!!

So for sport you drop the 2 lowest, right?

xc62701

There is some company that bought the williams lake estate and is turning it into condo's. Someone even said that there are fences and patrols so that no one is on the property without them knowing... So sad...

xc62701

Coolio, thanks! Whatever happened to the Williams Lake race? And boy I get to see how poorly I climb nice and early at Tymor!!!

So for sport you drop the 2 lowest, right?

I think everyone gets to drop the 2 lowest races. The only exception is that the juniors get to drop 3.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Races in July & August are conspicuously absent. is this always the case?

July 11-13 is the USA Cycling National race at Windham, then the following weekend the 17-20 is the National Champs at Mt. Snow. Best to avoid series races in July altogether.

In years past, the series has avoided August due to the 24 hours of Allamuchy? The Darkhorse 40 is also the first weekend in August.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Races in July & August are conspicuously absent. is this always the case?

Yeah, many of the series are like this. Take a break in the middle of the summer. The enduros tend to be that time of year - Mohican, Lumberjack, Breckenridge, W101, Leadville, Shenandoah - so the crazies (like Ryan) who do that can sweat through the hot months while the rest of us picnic and get fat :)

Top Bottom