2008. how much you spend?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I spent more than I could justify to anyone but myself.

I spent less than I would have if I was into any of these other interests.
-Gym Membership
-Motorsports
-Golf
-Skiing

Cycling can be expensive at first. Once you have what you need...It is Free!!!

There are certainly more expensive pursuits. The first weekend of August 2000 I ended up spending more at Limerock Park racing the Formula Continental that one weekend than I spent on biking all of 2008.

Of course, that is only because I ripped off TWO noses/wings, cut down a brand new set of tires, and caught fire.

gtluke

The Moped
I don't want to know. Actually my girlfriend keeps forgetting to take money for the epic she bought me (while I was away it became available).

But I do know it's a hell of a lot cheaper than when I would race my car every weekend.

Stocky

I just started Mtn Biking this past spring, so let's see the damage done ...

Trek 4300 used $300 ( sold for $300 mid summer)
Fisher HI-Fi Deluxe 29'er $2400
Pedals - $60
Helmet - $50
Gore wind jacket $ 140
gloves $45
fingerless gloves $25
misc clothing $300 , probably more
Camelbak $60
misc items for Camelbak pump,tires,levers,safety blanket , mag stick , etc... $75-$100
Stans set-up $100
Stand up pump $45
shin guards $40

and I still need a warmer pair of gloves and maybe , just maybe ( I swore I never would do it ) I will go clipless in the spring . So I'll need pedals and shoes.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Im positive I have spent less on bikes this year than I spent in gas last year transporting my dirtbike to and from tracks. This is a pretty cheap hobby when you have been racing dirtbikes and playing with cars.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
in the interest of keeping a happy marriage, i'm going to say $100
yes, when you're married it's amazing how much bike crap you can get for $100

just think, for the cost of taking your better half to the local beer and burder joint twice, you can own several bikes, several helmets (hopefully not all cracked), and array of peal izumi, descente, cycling clubs jerseys, tri jerseys, wetsuits, skiis, cycling shoes, dvd's, tires, bike lights, water back-packs, the list is endless, wtf: what spouse wants 1/2 that crap anyway when you go your merry ways,

here's to an enjoyable year of cycling, o.m.g. i just got my keifer & performance bike

catalog ka-ching

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
2 Tires = $70
chain = $25
2 Der hangers = $20

not having to buy a lift ticket= PRICELESS

Kmoodymz3

Way too much and not enough! :D

We did serious damage this year with 2 new bikes but the fun, exercise, time spent together, mental challenge, adrenaline rush, skills development, etc is priceless. So who cares!

kush

TCB You stole my line

This was a start up year with start up costs.

2 GF bikes, 1 Spesh (now sold) $5k
Bunch of stuff incl maintenance $3k
30 lbs lighter, new friends, and a new, much healthier lifestyle - priceless

Sircrashalot

Same here.....way too much if you ask my wife who doesn't actually know how much I REALLY spent....not near enough as compared to what I would have liked to have spent...... and there is no chance of me actually wanting to know the total.

Besides....who can put a price tag on equipment and supplies for something I enjoy as much as I do riding.....priceless! It's just money....which is one of the things I ride to stop thinking about!

bobkennelly

I spent more than I could justify to anyone but myself.

I spent less than I would have if I was into any of these other interests.
-Gym Membership
-Motorsports
-Golf
-Skiing

Cycling can be expensive at first. Once you have what you need...It is Free!!!

Since 1990, I hate to say this..but 14 Cannondales from J..
I gotta be out of my mind, plus all the other crap that goes with it.
Could of gotten a new Honda Accord for that.

Top Bottom