2008 Harley Davidson Softail custom

walter

Fourth Party
Went to the toy store in Metuchen today, threw a leg over the Cb1000r and i like it a ton. High on the list of possibilities. @clarkenstein Dudeman says there is already a list for the cb650r. My beloved gsxr has been sold. Sad face. BUT, looking hard at rhe 2019 Ducati Supersport. Nice bike, softer ergos than rhe panagale, and a bunch cheaper. The hypermotard is now also a contender.

Last edited:

TNR25

I just read this because I have , and enjoy motorcycles and now I'm curious how this is going? Did you get a new bike?

Danimal

My Dad bought this new 1971 had it till 1990
I got my bike license and rode it bunch before my cbx.
View attachment 92797

He hasn't had a bike since until last fall I went with him to Philly to pick this up. He has had a golden age crisis me thinks at 74.
View attachment 92798
Those cbx's were something special. As much as I have no interest in riding much on the street, and still have a garage full of crap, I'd love to pick one up one of these days. That and a nice zx-7rr

THATmanMANNY

which one yours?
Oh no. I havent owned a moto for 10yrs? But damn ive been looking since this thread. Triumph street triple or similar style would be my choice or just spring for the one, Ducati 848 evo. The hypermotard is cool AF too but not sure if its my style.

Can you moto riders join the next C&C?

Danimal

Oh no. I havent owned a moto for 10yrs? But damn ive been looking since this thread. Triumph street triple or similar style would be my choice or just spring for the one, Ducati 848 evo. The hypermotard is cool AF too but not sure if its my style.

Can you moto riders join the next C&C?
I've owned a 848 evo and have a street triple r. The R is a more fun bike to ride overall, except on the highway when the lack of a windscreen makes it annoying. Bike handles like a dream and has the perfect power delivery with great mid range torque. Also is decently comfortable due to the upright position. The 848 is great once you get a bit higher in the rpm's,but it is not a very comfortable bike and gets a bit hot under the seat. But, that 848 is freakin sexy

walter

Fourth Party
Bump for big summer blow out. New lower price. Tell your friends. I'll even throw in a firm handshake to sweeten the deal.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
@walter i threw a leg over the cb650. They have one at Hanover Powersports. Gotta say the XSR700 from Yamaha is a lot more comfortable. The Honda isn’t bad by any stretch except that waiting at a stop light I could see my leg constantly hitting the oil reservoir on the right side. It could be a PITA, especially if it’s hot. Also the Honda seat slants forward so I could see getting pushed into the gas tank an issue. The rebel 500 has a similar issue with the engine getting in the way. The clutch cover pushes your right foot out on the peg unless you hug the engine with your foot.

The cb650 has more of a sport bike feel to it to me vs a standard sit-up-and-beg position.

Top Bottom