2006 Pontiac vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
So we won’t be needing two cars anymore, so have to sell my commuter/grocery getter. We got this car as a second vehicle, but I ended up driving it all the time. It’s a NUMMI GM car, rebadged Toyota Matrix, has a Toyota 1.8 that was in the coralla. Never had any issues with it, despite it being at 215k. Interior is in good shape, ac recharged in summer. Auto with OD.

The good: runs great, has a class II hitch, new tires and front brakes, inspected til 2/22

The bad: body has some scratches, paint fade etc, Bluetooth stereo screen hard to use (still works fine as long as controlled from device), check engine light comes on occasionally for o2 sensor (only matters for inspection), muffler sometimes vibrates against hitch, maybe only when idling (I’ve adjusted it a couple times but the vibration keeps coming back, needs a little more effort to fix permanently)

I’ll have more photos once I clean the interior, I thought my friend was buying it off me, so I wasn’t prepared to post it.

$1600

D120ABB1-1556-42E1-85AF-CE250A2CC3F1.jpegFB6C9DD6-8001-4AAF-B6EF-96E9C9451220.jpeg

Last edited:

Dingo

Those damn things run forever. Only time we see them at the dealer is for that stupid air bag recalls . The recall was recalled more than 2x.

Several with over 400k on the ticker.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Those damn things run forever. Only time we see them at the dealer is for that stupid air bag recalls . The recall was recalled more than 2x.

Several with over 400k on the ticker.
Reminds me the airbag recall is done.

Had new tires put on it last month and the tech was impressed with it having over 200k and being gm. I told him him to look under the hood.
A friend who’s a Toyota mechanic put a clutch on one with 300k recently. Customer didn’t care the service cost more than it’s probably worth. I was tempted to park it at my moms in case I need it in the future, but that wouldn’t be fair to her.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I read a few years back how these were *the* car to buy used. It's not that it's Toyota quality, it's that they made a bunch of them and it's evident after years that they're very high quality with few issues. Sometimes you don't know within the first few years what problems may develop, but seems not too many with these cars.

And the Pontiac is above all the way to go as they don't hold the value of the Toyota nameplate.

And hatchbacks are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom