2006 Allamuchy TM Summary and Thanks

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
We wanted to thank everyone tht helped out with TM at Allamuchy during 2005. In 2006 we had a total of 40 volunteers contribute over 460 hours of TM labor at the park. This represents nearly a 100% increase from 2005.

Major projects included:
- the completion of an approximately 0.6 mile single track re-route of the Ditch/Cardiac Trail (Purple Blaze) in the north section of the park, included in the re-route was the completion of a switch back and 150 feet of armored walkway (pictures can been seen here http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309);
- the construction of 0.3 mile long single track off of the top of the Ditch/Cardiac Trail (Purple Blaze), which once finished will offer an easier approach to the top of Mt. Stuyvesant from the north;
- construction of a kiosk, located on the west side of the park (assistance for this project came from Boy Scout Troop 236), funding for the kiosk supplies came from a NJDEP Trail Grant;
- not to mention clearing numerous blow downs and overgrowth from the trail network.

We are looking forward to 2007, projects in the works for this year include:
- mapping of a trail network in the Stephens sectionos the park;
- the re-routing several sections of trail located in areas of poor drainage;
- increasing the public awareness of the groups activities by creating alliances with one or more local bike shops and other trail user groups.

Thank's again for everyone's hard work in 2006!!! If anyone is interested in getting involved with TM at Allamuchy, please send us an e-mail at allamuchy@jorba.org.

Bob and Karen

P

Phatbiker

bob,

no, THANK YOU! really, it's all of us that should be thanking you for of time you and Karen invest. we appreciate it! GRACIAS!

Nellie

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
We are looking forward to 2007, projects in the works for this year include:
- mapping of a trail network in the Stephens sectionos the park;
- the re-routing several sections of trail located in areas of poor drainage;
- increasing the public awareness of the groups activities by creating alliances with one or more local bike shops and other trail user groups.

I ditto Phatbiker's comments. Thank you to both you & Karen. You guys put in a hell of amount of time in there and it is very appreciated.

Can't wait to check out that Stephen's section of Allamuchy. I have my GPS all ready to go for the mapping. :D

Frank

Sasquatch
I had the pleasure of riding with, and working with (JORBA), the Workmans this year. These folks are dedicated, hard working, and fun to ride with. They deserve all the kudos they get for helping with a fun park. Now I must train so that Allamuchy does not kick my ass as much next spring when I go back.

ArmyOfNone

Thanks for all the time and hard work put into the trails (although i have only been there once) loved it!

Top Bottom