2005 Evil Sovereign

don

This is a great all around rig that I would love to keep but just don't see myself riding as much as it should (heck I can't get out on the Sinister enough as I'd like).

This is the original Evil Sovereign frame that DW designed as a do-it-all rig. Reynolds 853 main tubeset. It's set up 26" SS right now but I've seen pics of people running them with 650b's. I've also seen them setup as a DJ/Park bike. If I could only have one bike this would be it and I hate seeing it on the hook not being used.

Frame: 2005 Evil Sovereign (long)
Fork: 2005 Rock Shox Pike Race
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Azonic
Bars: Answer ProTaper 2"
Grips: ODI LockJaw - Mushrooms
Seat Post: Thomson 31.6x410
Seat Post Clamp: Salsa QR
Seat: SDG GranPrix Ti
BB: Race Face Evolve DH (118mm)
Cranks: Race Face ISIS 175 - 5x110
Chainring: 36T
Pedals: Sun Ringle ZuZu
Freewheel: ACS Claws 18T
Brake Levers: Avid
F. Brakes: Avid Mech Disk 6"
R. Brakes: Avid Mech Disk 6"
F. Hub: Novatec 20mm hub
R. Hub: Surly 1x1 Disc
F. Rim: Sun Rhino Lite XL 32o
R. Rim: Sun Rhino Lite XL 32o
F Spokes: DT Champion (32 @ 265)
R Spokes: DT Champion (32 @ 265)
Nipples: DT Brass
F. Tire: Maxxis Larson TT 26x2.35
R. Tire: Arrow Launch 26x2.25

It's over with Garret @ Kranky Cycles getting a once over but can be see either there or I can pick it up.

$850 OBO

Attachments

• evil_sov_02.jpg
    evil_sov_02.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 145
  • evil_sov_01.jpg
    evil_sov_01.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 75
Don, how tall are you and can this be run with gears?

Hey Walter - I am 6 ft tall. It can be run with gears - I just need to find the rear derailurer hanger. Let me know if you have any other questions.

did sydasti own this at one point? or at least one similar? i've seen one in action - it's a really capable bike.

did sydasti own this at one point? or at least one similar? i've seen one in action - it's a really capable bike.

Yup, I bought it off of him a bunch of years ago. I actually had the same frame in a medium and wanted the large for a better all around rig.

If it doesn't end up selling I might 650b it like this one: http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/evil-sovereign-650b-707734.html

Not totally sure if the Pike will clear 650x2.3 rubber tho.

EVIL empire

This is an awesome frame, impossible to get and will last forever. I have an EVIL D.O.C (the sovereign's fat little brother) set up as a park bike. Really well made stuff and durable.

Hope that this finds a good home or you keep it. Also, 650b probably wont fit on that fork, we tried my 650b front wheel (Pacenti Neo Moto 2.3 on Blunt rims) on Ebineezer's Pike and it scrubbed pretty bad.

Good luck with the sale!

This is an awesome frame, impossible to get and will last forever. I have an EVIL D.O.C (the sovereign's fat little brother) set up as a park bike. Really well made stuff and durable.

Hope that this finds a good home or you keep it. Also, 650b probably wont fit on that fork, we tried my 650b front wheel (Pacenti Neo Moto 2.3 on Blunt rims) on Ebineezer's Pike and it scrubbed pretty bad.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks! I had an Evil DOC for a little bit (actually I think I had every Evil frame at one time in the early 2000's). You are correct - the little bro of the Sovereign. I like the steeper HT of the Sovereign better but know people dig the more kicked back geo of the DOC. Evil made some great frames back then! Good to see them come back.

Thanks for the intel on the 650/Pike. I have a Surly rigid that might work to try it out too. But would like to see this go to a person that rides its. The way they were built, they need to be on the trail or street :D

Back
Top Bottom