20-21 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody get the ikon pass?
Yea I bought one no blackout dates , have 2 days @ eldora in . The parking is a bitch but it’s my local mtn and I know the parking guys so I’m not making reservations yet . Have a house booked in utah from 21 of dec till Jan 7 not sure how it’s going to go out there but will see . House sleeps 17 and I have plenty of room Roc pretty hardcore group going

Anybody out there at the closest mountains to NJ? reports of crowds and opinion about covid precautions?
Saw pics from Blue..looked like a disaster. Belleayre and Hunter got crushed with snow, no idea of crowds

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.36.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.36.18 PM.png
    670.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.36.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.36.35 PM.png
    897.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.36.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.36.46 PM.png
    672 KB · Views: 16
any reports from the weekend? Is the Covid regulations making lift lines unbearable?
Mountains littered with out-of-state license plates?

any reports from the weekend? Is the Covid regulations making lift lines unbearable?
Mountains littered with out-of-state license plates?
From what I've seen/heard Hunter's lots were full and the lines were 15-30 minutes for the 6 pack. 2 hour lines to pick up tickets. Sounds like fun so far.

From what I've seen/heard Hunter's lots were full and the lines were 15-30 minutes for the 6 pack. 2 hour lines to pick up tickets. Sounds like fun so far.
Damn that's a long wait. Wondering if my annual trip up to killington will be happening this year or if it's even worth it.

Damn that's a long wait. Wondering if my annual trip up to killington will be happening this year or if it's even worth it.
I would think it will be worth it. I have to figure less people will be traveling to Vermont. I could be 100% wrong, but I think the slopes will be less crowded.

I would think it will be worth it. I have to figure less people will be traveling to Vermont. I could be 100% wrong, but I think the slopes will be less crowded.
The lodges are pretty much closed except bathrooms and they want you to go to your car for lunch. This is perfect for me because this is what I do anyway. Get there for first chair and ski by myself the entire day just on and off the lift till closing with a short lunch break at the truck. My wife on the other hand not that into skiing she goes and we ski like half a day together then she is beat and goes to the lodge and I ski out the rest of the day my self. I don't know what she would do unless she took my truck back to the hotel but we usually stay in rutland and that's a good 30 minutes each way. Idk If it's going to work this year. Guess I'll keep an eye on everything we usually wait till the last minute in February after a good snow when they open all the glades up and then just go.

Well VT makes you sign an affidavit that you quarantined for 14 days so that will cut down the traffic but this is today at okemo.

8996944B-7B6B-4C66-B29A-0D62A3D14828.jpeg

I've been seeing horror stories of crazy long lift lines but I'm confused. Why are lift lines so crazy? Aren't they limiting the number of tickets they sell each day? Shouldn't that make lift lines shorter than normal?

I've been seeing horror stories of crazy long lift lines but I'm confused. Why are lift lines so crazy? Aren't they limiting the number of tickets they sell each day? Shouldn't that make lift lines shorter than normal?
Rumor has it every mountain is understaffed so they have fewer lifts running. Combination of Covid and lack of foreign workers this season.

Lift lines come and go depending on the time of day and location of lift. Nephew was at Stratton and said the only "line" was at the gondola.
Okemo received 40+ from the storm so of course it was going to be busy. Blue, Creek, etc. all got dumped so people went to ski.

People also packed the sledding spots around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom