20-21 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Never been one to go hang in the lodge anyway. Ski at Killington for the most part. Change at the car anyway, which is what they are asking all to do. Rather eat a late lunch at a place down the road then pay those outrageous prices at the lodge anyway. As long as they don't have to close down because of covid it may be a great season for skiers/snowboarders because of limited capacity. Fingers crossed for sure.

yup. When I was younger. Now I'd rather boot up in the lodge rather than a frozen, muddy parking lot. I'd rather have a beer with lunch at the bar, price be damned. Definitely going to be an interesting ski season. Maybe this will be the year I use my XC skis more than once.

roc

yup. When I was younger. Now I'd rather boot up in the lodge rather than a frozen, muddy parking lot. I'd rather have a beer with lunch at the bar, price be damned. Definitely going to be an interesting ski season. Maybe this will be the year I use my XC skis more than once.
I'm with you, I hate booting up in the lot, especially in shitty weather. However, I will do it to ski! I love a few cold ones after the day also, oh well, i will have a cooler in the car. I'll save a couple of bucks.

TheGerd

Looks like the Vermont travel restrictions are going to be the hardest thing, if you adhere to them. As a condo owner, there is no need to reserve parking. Just need to use the Killington shuttle bus. I do have until Nov. 20th to get a full refund on my pass as well. Time will tell.

Zaskar

Looks like the Vermont travel restrictions are going to be the hardest thing, if you adhere to them. As a condo owner, there is no need to reserve parking. Just need to use the Killington shuttle bus. I do have until Nov. 20th to get a full refund on my pass as well. Time will tell.
I've been wondering about the shuttles, have a friend at Highridge. Looks like parking will be the way they cut capacity, and I guess ticket sales?

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Each mountain will be different, but at Blue Mtn. No shuttles, No drop off area, No ski check, No outdoor food in the building, Limited tables, No lounging.

The only plus is that they are selling cheap 4 hour lift tickets 48hours in advance. So you can show up ski and get the F out.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Do you rent out your condo? Lol

Captain Brainstorm

I'm with you, I hate booting up in the lot, especially in shitty weather. However, I will do it to ski! I love a few cold ones after the day also, oh well, i will have a cooler in the car. I'll save a couple of bucks.
My boots are RS130's, its physically impossible to put these on or take them of when they're cold. On really cold days, I literally have to warm them in front of the fire to get them off.

No one pays attention to Vermont travel restrictions. Every weekend this summer, it was a parade of cars coming in from restricted states. Will be the same this winter also.

kidzach

yeah, I've been considering purchasing backcountry gear for a couple of years. This may be the season I pull the trigger depending on snowfall.

kidzach

My boots are RS130's, its physically impossible to put these on or take them of when they're cold. On really cold days, I literally have to warm them in front of the fire to get them off.

No one pays attention to Vermont travel restrictions. Every weekend this summer, it was a parade of cars coming in from restricted states. Will be the same this winter also.
lol. same situation with my ski boots. I drive like 8 miles to Killington from my house with them already on. If it's a cold bitter day I drive after skiing to our happy hour/lunch spot also with them on. They defrost by the time I get there.

kidzach

I've been calling my car our lodge for years as a goof. Beers waiting in the vehicle every time

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
F.I.S and USSA have also adopted rules banning the use of fluoro waxes for 2020 and beyond, I'm sure that didn't help either.
Hertel wasn't big for racers. i don't even think they had any Flouro waxes. Decent wax for not getting stuck on the flats and protecting your bases.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The current Vermont travel restrictions won't allow many people to come ski from out of state.
This will keep a percentage of people away, I'm not sure what percentage but numbers will decrease.

Speaking from my experience with VT travel restriction, there are those who will say what they have to say to gain access to the awesomeness that VT has to offer. The people in VT checking guests in from out of state ask the questions they are required to ask, if they hear the correct answers they allow them in, if wrong answers are given they are denied access.

IMO the resort people have to walk a fine line with following state rules, lest they want to be shut down and getting the numbers through the gate to keep the mountain running. Without the tourists the resorts could shut down with or without snow.

Captain Brainstorm

This will keep a percentage of people away, I'm not sure what percentage but numbers will decrease.

Speaking from my experience with VT travel restriction, there are those who will say what they have to say to gain access to the awesomeness that VT has to offer. The people in VT checking guests in from out of state ask the questions they are required to ask, if they hear the correct answers they allow them in, if wrong answers are given they are denied access.

IMO the resort people have to walk a fine line with following state rules, lest they want to be shut down and getting the numbers through the gate to keep the mountain running. Without the tourists the resorts could shut down with or without snow.
The purpose of the questionnaire is to shift liability from the resort to the individual. No one will follow up to see if you were telling the truth or not. The only thing that will really shift a resort down is a state lockdown, or a localized outbreak. Don’t really see either scenario happening in VT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom