$2

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is not a bureaucracy issue. They're not paying someone to collect biker fees. They're not paying someone extra to count the extra $2 every day. What they're doing here is turning someone's extra 8 minutes of down time in a booth into $16 a day, if not less.

It's a park, it offers resources, $2 is a bargain. You guys remember Eddie Murphy. WHAT A BARGAIN!

It just rubs me the wrong way to pay to use a trail on any state or county property. I'm Gumby Dammit!(my Murphy reference)

Paying 2 dollars to enter is a bargain. The amount of fun and work the trails contain is worth more then 2 dollars. I work for Round Valley and i can say that the maintenance workers put hours of work into the trails. Its hard to maintain such a mature forest. Brush grows very quickly. If your so cheap not to pay 2 dollars to enjoy Round valley views and trails, then you shouldnt even bike there. If round valley closed because cheap-stakes like you dont wanna pay 2 dollars then the trail from cushetunk to roundvalley will be blocked off. I have asked about this situation and the Superintended said round valley would be like "Fenced In" No body would be able to get in.

MST.ESQ

The problem is the government's identity crisis. Either maintain "public" parks through taxes collected from the masses or charge the actual users. Feathers get ruffled when government employs both methods with a lack of consistency.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Paying 2 dollars to enter is a bargain. The amount of fun and work the trails contain is worth more then 2 dollars. I work for Round Valley and i can say that the maintenance workers put hours of work into the trails. Its hard to maintain such a mature forest. Brush grows very quickly. If your so cheap not to pay 2 dollars to enjoy Round valley views and trails, then you shouldnt even bike there. If round valley closed because cheap-stakes like you dont wanna pay 2 dollars then the trail from cushetunk to roundvalley will be blocked off. I have asked about this situation and the Superintended said round valley would be like "Fenced In" No body would be able to get in.

Let me start by saying I respect those who work in park lands, I am an employee of the Monmouth Co. Park System.
I maintain that state, county and national park lands should not involve any fee for trails. It has nothing to do with being cheap.
Goverment needs to recognize the importance of maintaining parks for the public and encourage people to enjoy them.
Thats all i have to say about that:)(in my Forest Gump voice).

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
So who wants to pay more in their property taxes in order to make sure that all parks can be free?

Government doesn't have magic money to spend on any project it wants to- you have to give them that money to spend. Whether you pay a $2 user fee or pay an extra $10 a year on your property taxes, the government needs to make money from you in order to provide that service.

I do think that limited user fees can be a decent way of generating revenue for certain facilities- it's puts the burden of cost onto the user of the facility rather than spreading it out among many people who never use that facility. The danger in flouting the fee is that users who pay are the users who get catered to. When it comes time for the park to budget and evaluate how they spend their money, plan new trails, mitigate conflicts between user groups, etc., the user groups who provide the lion's share of the park's revenue are the ones who will get catered to.

Mike,

What is the likelyhood of this, since you "discussed" it ???

Tom P.

The likelihood is very slim. Melissa C. which is the superintended said that the chances are very very low. It wont be happening any time soon(Maybe in 5 years lol.) The new rumor going around the state parks is that the fee per car may change. They may start charging only 2 dollars per person.

I lifeguard there and i have seen illegal immigrants pack nearly 15-20 people in a ford windstar which is very unsafe and ignorant of the states funds which are needed.

But i must say with the amount of money a park makes more trails should be made and that it should be maintained more often. They decide not to give me a raise this year but they go out and buy a new Polaris ranger and a brand new park police boat which is used for joy rides and stupid idiotic activities(they flooded the Polaris in the lake, they were trying to see how deep it can go in the water) and btw the new boat and Polaris combined were over 90,000 dollars. But they refuse to make more trails and give me my promised 50 cent an hour raise.

The state needs to reorganize their expenses and get rid of useless jobs that make more money then me and do nothing that contributes to the state.

How do you know they're illegal immigrants?

Because when you ask some people for a form of I.D. they either hand you an expired Passport or say "no speakey ingles." Everyday people are being kicked out of Roundvalley because no form of I.D to be driving or have expired ones.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions