2 night

el!

That sucks!
What were you doing??? :hmmm:

He was literally just riding along over some flat rocks and down he went.

At first, I thought it was a power move to take my title as MTBNJ Gravity Checker...

My throbbing shin this morning reminds me that I forgot to report that the gravity at Ramapo is fine.

el!

That sucks!
What were you doing??? :hmmm:

Nothing crazy, just riding...climbing, I was about 3 feet away from the start of the pavement of the 287 Cannonball bridge....going UP!!! so I wasn't bombing or anything.

At least it happened on a climb, if I was going downhill, forget it, I could've been hurtin' really bad.

luck was on your side for when it happen, but not so much for the bike. Glad your ok!

As you can see we had a bit of everything last night. Great riding with you guys, I had an absolute blast. EL - I look forward to the next time when you can actually make it past a mile without some lame excuse as to why you can't go on. Broken frame yadda yadda...

and I thought I had all the spare parts I needed on my camelback.
I guess I need a bigger camelback and I have to add "spare frame" to my parts list. :rolleyes:

As you can see we had a bit of everything last night. Great riding with you guys, I had an absolute blast. EL - I look forward to the next time when you can actually make it past a mile without some lame excuse as to why you can't go on. Broken frame yadda yadda...

Yeah, really....you just didn't want to climb up that thing on a SS and come down on a HT...admit it...

Though, the way my body feels this AM, I completely understand...;)

ElZ... did you talk to the LBS yet?

talked to them yesterday...the bike's in the car, I should be paying them a visit at lunch time hopefully, although there are some customers coming to see a trial today here so I might be stuck with them for lunch :mad:

9. This bicycle is not intended for use in trick riding, ramp riding, jumping, aggressive riding, riding on severe terrain, riding in severe climates, racing, riding with heavy loads, institutional or industrial use, or any similar activities; such uses may damage the bicycle, can cause serious injury to the rider, and in all cases will void this warranty. Likewise, the bicycle is not intended for use with a motor

:rofl: Is this for a crystal bike??? c'mon!!

9. This bicycle is not intended for use in trick riding, ramp riding, jumping, aggressive riding, riding on severe terrain, riding in severe climates, racing, riding with heavy loads, institutional or industrial use, or any similar activities; such uses may damage the bicycle, can cause serious injury to the rider, and in all cases will void this warranty. Likewise, the bicycle is not intended for use with a motor

:rofl: Is this for a crystal bike??? c'mon!!

Wow. That was the most off-road lookin' street bike I've ever seen...

elzoller said:

Sooo...what are you allowed to do with this bike?

What the hell is "institutional use"??? :hmmm:

That was their standard warranty off their website...How could that apply to all their bikes...:confused: It doesn't make sense at all.
But not to worry.
What once was my bike is at my LBS and they told me it shouldn't be an issue. So hopefully I'll have some GOOD news within a couple of days.

elzoller said:
What once was my bike is at my LBS and they told me it shouldn't be an issue. So hopefully I'll have some GOOD news within a couple of days.

That is a certain warranty replacement. I doubt you have any reason for concern. Any Jamis dealer should take care of you. Especially, if you bought it from their store.

JRA?

great ride for you :whoopdedo

It took me forever to walk down .75 miles.
The frame finally snapped so I had to remove the rear brake and I attached to the frame, then I rolled each part on one hand. Pain in the ass!!

F-ing deer were watching me, I would turn and I could only see the light reflecting in their eyes....freaky...at least it was only deer, or so I want to think.

Riding the bike through the woods at night is much better than walking with your bike in your hands. :scared:

Did you make it to the castle??

Here are a couple of shots.

So I am selling my Singlespeed now, PM for details :p

You guys can be happy now...my lucky streak is OVER :(

I'd be telling myself it was deer too, Ramapo over my the Bear Swamp Road section is crawling with all sorts of critters at night, I've even heard coyote howling on several night rides there.

I've gotten myself good & freaked out a couple times when I was riding alone at night over there.

Rode the same loop again last night, from about 6 to 7:10. (yea, took an hour ten as opposed to two hours fifteen). Great ride, the trails dried up a bit. Came about ten feet from a buck just staring at me in the trail, not moving. He finally ran off and ran along side me in the woods for a bit. Freaky being in the woods by yourself at night.

As I was leaving I saw someone in the parking lot by the soccer field getting ready, anyone on here?

Rode the same loop again last night, from about 6 to 7:10. (yea, took an hour ten as opposed to two hours fifteen). Great ride, the trails dried up a bit. Came about ten feet from a buck just staring at me in the trail, not moving. He finally ran off and ran along side me in the woods for a bit. Freaky being in the woods by yourself at night.

As I was leaving I saw someone in the parking lot by the soccer field getting ready, anyone on here?

I was there from 5:00 to 6:30ish, rode from Pool Hollow road up to the top of Skyline & back.

I also had a stare-down with a buck at the very top of the Cannonball between the houses & the paved road, TONS of deer out there yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom