2 night

I think I may have passed you guys going the other way when you were climbing up the last part of the CB before it hits the fireroad that goes around the lake..

I said 'have a good ride', was that you guys?

Yea, that was us. We stopped and said I think that guy is on MTBNJ...do you know his name? nope! So hi!

That was us. Great ink...

Haha, thanks man!

Figured it was you guys, I didn't see any other riders there at all that day.

Lemme' know when you're riding there again & I'll do a ride with you guys, I'm usually over there a couple days a week after work.

Yea, that was us. We stopped and said I think that guy is on MTBNJ...do you know his name? nope! So hi!

When I talk to people on the trail, I never think to ask if they're on the board, I've probably met a few people on here & never knew it lol

It's Rob, by the way :D

Ramapo, ho, ho, ho

Thanks to Jeff, Dave, and Elzoller for the ride...in the first mile:

• Had the first crash on the SIR9. Borked my shin, again! At least now that my Celiac's is under control and I'm absorbing vitamin K again, it didn't bleed like hell...for once.
  • Elzoller broke a frame at the head tube (pics to follow, I'm sure).
Other than that, I managed to loose a pump I've had for 15 years...'guess it is time for a new one.

One of the tougher SS outings I've had, I must admit. The, what, 300 miles of climbing, coupled with the rocks, water, and general hell would've been tough in the daytime. But noooo...we're doing it at night and I have a single light on my bars...which means I can't see anything half the time because of all the tight corners/switchbacks.

But hey, I rode the nasty sh!t on the way back down whether I could really see it or not...so I had FUN!

Not doing that again w/o a helmet light...and maybe gears (shhhhh!).

This post will not mention Shaggz and Brad bailin'....

Here's a pic of Elzoller's frame after it broke. He was literally JRA at the time it cracked. This should be a slam dunk warranty replacement.

Other then that mishap, it was a great ride up Cannonball.

Attachments

• elzoller1.jpg
    elzoller1.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 106
  • elzoller2.jpg
    elzoller2.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 101
JRA?

great ride for you :whoopdedo

It took me forever to walk down .75 miles.
The frame finally snapped so I had to remove the rear brake and I attached to the frame, then I rolled each part on one hand. Pain in the ass!!

F-ing deer were watching me, I would turn and I could only see the light reflecting in their eyes....freaky...at least it was only deer, or so I want to think.

Riding the bike through the woods at night is much better than walking with your bike in your hands. :scared:

Did you make it to the castle??

Here are a couple of shots.
SANY0004.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

So I am selling my Singlespeed now, PM for details :p

You guys can be happy now...my lucky streak is OVER :(

JRA = Just Riding Along

We didn't hit the castle. Enginar had not been on the Cannonball re-route from last year so we went up and then back down that route.

You really have to start treating your bikes a little better.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom