1st time here...

Blk06CompIRL

and i am beat and a little sore. I rode the red trail from boonton side completely around, phone app says 4.36 miles 44min, Those rocks are serious and some of those climbs i could not even contemplate riding up. While riding it i did sense it may be a bit smoother of a ride if i went the opposite way. I entered red trail next to the green trail and finished up at the flower walk thing and had to ride the road to get back to car. I would like to ride this trail again as i see it having potential to teach me to be a better rider and help me pick my lines, If anyone rides here and is familiar with the trails and does not mind a... idk whats above beginner but below intermediate... a novice?? joining them I would be down. Free normally mon- thurs 530pm or later. I plan to go back next week to give it another shot either way. :p

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lemme know what day, I'm there all the time. Monday is usually good, little bit later in the evening if that works for you. Or whatever, I'm minutes away.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i ride here pretty regularly, i have a 10 mile (ok 9.8 miles) loop that i ride there, usually takes me about 1 hr 10 minutes to complete, where do you park? by the baseball field or the playground at the top? or the dirt parking lot by the hospital?

if you are up for morning rides thats when im usually there

Blk06CompIRL

Lemme know what day, I'm there all the time. Monday is usually good, little bit later in the evening if that works for you. Or whatever, I'm minutes away.
mondays are good for me almost always and as of now that looks good for next week. I get out of work for 430 so traffic pending arrive there for 5 530 but i can stall for a bit if need be

i ride here pretty regularly, i have a 10 mile (ok 9.8 miles) loop that i ride there, usually takes me about 1 hr 10 minutes to complete, where do you park? by the baseball field or the playground at the top? or the dirt parking lot by the hospital?

if you are up for morning rides thats when im usually there

deff would be interested in trying that loop. i wanted to keep going today but sister was up from south jersey. i work during the week starting at 8am so morning prob wouldnt happen, weekends i ride with Girlfriend and she deff not ready for tourne lol. I parked at the first lot boonton side, not sure what that one classifies as lol

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
its on the right hand side right after going through a gate? thats the mcaffrey lane lot, closest to the hospital, that is where i park too, if you are off tomorrow morning we could maybe squeeze something in.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I've never been and would'nt mind joining if that's cool. Just moved my office from Somerset to Parsippany, so I'm local post work.

Blk06CompIRL

its on the right hand side right after going through a gate? thats the mcaffrey lane lot, closest to the hospital, that is where i park too, if you are off tomorrow morning we could maybe squeeze something in.
I already have plans for tomorrow, so will have to keep you posted.

I've never been and would'nt mind joining if that's cool. Just moved my office from Somerset to Parsippany, so I'm local post work.
Thats fine by me if we want to get a small group on monday together im willing to give it another go.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Absolutely! Only thing is except for Wednesday nights it'll be maybe 6:45 wheels down once I take care of the dogs. But I'd be happy to run you guys around.

Blk06CompIRL

Absolutely! Only thing is except for Wednesday nights it'll be maybe 6:45 wheels down once I take care of the dogs. But I'd be happy to run you guys around.
Want to say Monday July 9th 6:45 at the first Boonton lot? I may be there a bit early but deff plenty of ride time avail for 6:45pm.
Sweet. I'm in.
Just an FYI from my experience on red trail it can get a bit rocky (like most of north jersey lol) and pending on what your "post work" time is from Parsippany i can get to trail for 5 530 (traffic pending) if you want to get situated and get a warm up in before heading out with extremedave.

Last edited:

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just an FYI from my experience on red trail it can get a bit rocky (like most of north jersey lol) and pending on what your "post work" time is from Parsippany i can get to trail for 5 530 (traffic pending) if you want to get situated and get a warm up in before heading out with extremedave.

I'm cool with the rocks. I should be able leave my office by 4:45-5pm putting me there by 5:30ish. Would def be open to riding a bit before hooking up with Dave.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm cool with the rocks. I should be able leave my office by 4:45-5pm putting me there by 5:30ish. Would def be open to riding a bit before hooking up with Dave.

I'll be happy to meet up with you guys later, but after an hour at the tourne...you've seen the majority. :D
I'm not knocking the place, it's my go-to due to proximity, but it's small.

If I go straight there after work and hope the dogs hang in for a bit, I could do six-ish.

Blk06CompIRL

I'll be happy to meet up with you guys later, but after an hour at the tourne...you've seen the majority. :D
I'm not knocking the place, it's my go-to due to proximity, but it's small.

If I go straight there after work and hope the dogs hang in for a bit, I could do six-ish.

haha no worries man, down for multiple loops. repetition will only get us more comfortable on the trails. do it once and suffer, twice and know what to expect, 3rd time and start making progress lol

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
See you guys around 6:45 have to hit the house first. I usually park the Denville side but don't really care.
Reggiehammond I will have the FS giant not the misfit, so look for a white bike!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions