• Kona Blast

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Motobecane Fantom Trail

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • WooHOO

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
another thought...
I checked out what i liked the most from LBS. They were way out of my price range. I narrowed it down to 3 specific models, from 3 different manufactures at the correct sizes. Then patiently searched craigs list and local papers for MONTHS. it took me about 4/5. But i ended up with a bike that was only 2 years old, FS, in fantastic like new condition waiting to be 'rode'.

You may end up with a nice set up that you grow into. With the economy the way it is, there are lots of really nice bikes getting unloaded used because people bought sweet set ups and realized they never use them.

If i paid full price for my set up, id almost feel bad giving it the beating i try to.

obviously it goes without saying, this approach has its inherent risks. But you may end up spending $400-800 on a used bike that 2 years ago was around 2 grand.

Last edited:
not quite settled yet, been all over to different bike shops. currently a Giant Yukon Fx has caught my attention its a FS but seems like a good bang for the buck. still in search tho:hmmm:

another thought...

You may end up with a nice set up that you grow into. With the economy the way it is, there are lots of really nice bikes getting unloaded used because people bought sweet set ups and realized they never use them.

So true. Fitness items that were bought new eventually get sold for pennies on the dollar because thier owners get lazy. There are killer deals out there if you have some patience.

New Bike

Yeah well there is a good bike shop in my town , (Town Cycle) ive delt with them before and purchased equipment there/ had things fixed and tuned by them for years. Im not complete new to this. I rode a ridged framed bike for years and it just isnt giving me the preformance Im looking for. At this point im looking for the best components best frame for the best buck I can get. Have a friend whos a bike shop mechanic so im pretty set as far as all those things go. Its really all about the bike at this point less about the service

Go to your local bike shop, are you kidding me with that mail order S*%?! Town Cycle is great, support them and it will surely be worth more than the maybe $200 dollars you save online supporting a mail order bike whorehouse. Buy that jersey you won't spend for in the shop, but buy your bike from professionals, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
lol way past the online deal buddy, goin to a bike shop. just debating on the bike still

Back
Top Bottom