1st Race of 08 Scheduled...

xc62701

Well I know it's early but the race calendar is coming together and the first race has been registered for. Nothing like starting out easy...the Cohutta 100 in Tennessee is going to be #1. It's supposed to be one of the easier 100 mile races, if there is such a thing. I can't wait! 3 months and 8 days till go time!

NJ Jess

Congrads

It will be a nice "welcome to spring," race, Im sure. With all the miles you are putting in,..you will do great.

Now, about your avatar,.......what does it say?

xc62701

trek is lemonds girlfriend?

Something like that. In my quiver is:

Trek 9.9 Hardtail
Klein Palomino XV Full Suspension
Gary Fisher Rig Single Speed

I think I'll be racing mostly on the Trek and Fisher and using the Klein as a backup bike.

S

seabass

Wow, serious mileage. That'll be a cracking day's riding, best of luck. Was thinking about giving it a go but Cohutta's a long way away from here, are you driving or boxing the bike up and flying over? Google maps is giving me a drive time of 13 hours from NYC :(

xc62701

Wow, serious mileage. That'll be a cracking day's riding, best of luck. Was thinking about giving it a go but Cohutta's a long way away from here, are you driving or boxing the bike up and flying over? Google maps is giving me a drive time of 13 hours from NYC :(

Driving of course :) I'll be making the trek down and using it as the start of my spring break. 13 hrs is what I'm expecting...

maddawg

count me in!

i'm registered as well!
should be a hoot. looks like there might be a few others from up this way signed up as well.

i will be heading down a few days early and was going to get some riding in at raccoon mtn outside Chattanooga.
if you want to hook up and ride a few days before let me know.

xc62701

Sweet! Are you camping down there? or getting a hotel? I figure I'm just gonna crash in my tent on site somewhere. It was be good to have some familair faces around. I'd like to say I'm could meet up with you but I'll be there Friday(around 2 or 3 pm) before the race and I'm staying the week after the race. Who else do you know that's going?

maddawg

i'll be staying with wifes family just outside Chattanooga. probably 45 mins from the start.
i was checking out the reg list and saw some familiar names so should be a few more familiar faces floating around and hey floyd will be there!!

Top Bottom