1st Post...

2ndgen

Steven from Fort Lee (just relocated from Westchester County, NY).

Former BMX fanatic as kid which progressed to aggressive MTB riding in city and on trails. Had the best bikes available (PK Ripper, Mongoose, Sting) and have ridden the best (Haros, Redlines, Cooks Bros, Diamond Backs, etc...).

Just picked up an '07 Gary Fisher Opie & and '07 Gary Fisher Tarpon.

Will be building the Opie up a bit for Urban Assault (into Manhattan) & Trail Riding (locally) and once I've gotten back into biking condition, I'll look at upgrading to possibly a new Gary Fisher PhD (of course, I'll be looking at Treks and Cannondales and at whatever other bikes I come to learn about).

:D

2ndgen

Thank you!

bowing.gif

2ndgen

Here's my (pun intended) "next" project!

I'm going to install a one piece crank from a circa 70's Schwinn Stingray for weight savings and I'm going to totally take out the seat. Who needs a seat when your MTBing anyway! Yeah!:D

I find that 10 Speed Tires work best in mud because you get more traction when the wheel cuts through the sludge and down to solid ground too. Plus, their more aerodynamically faster! Yeah!:D

Of course, the rims have to go in place of 23" Huffy rims...that should cut my 0-6mph time 2. seconds! Yeah! :D

I'll be the smartest guy on the track with my own rack and first aid kit bungee corded right onto the rack! Yeah! :D

And I'm also going to upgrade the reflectors to Kent Sporters to blind my competitors! Yeah! :D
0068067400819_500X500.jpg

Wait, what's that?

April 1st was over a month ago?

Oh...never mind.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Not Fort Lee but up in Bergen Co. in Westwood, and there's others around here too. One dude's in JC, another guy's in Hoboken, Norwood, Closter, Mahwah, Hohokus, and more. Not like there's anywhere to ride in Fort Lee anyway. After the first half the race season ends in a couple weeks I'll be doing more local riding in Ringwood, Skyline and Causland. You're welcome to ride along.

2ndgen

Thanks! I'll take you up on that.

Because I just started riding again, I'm in the process of conditioning my body and rewakening old unused bicycling muscles and joints.

My first ride was 8 miles (R/T) and I felt like I could go on forever, but as I said, a loose crank arm made me reconsider. I should be ready to ride for distance in about a week or so.

:)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome aboard...looking at your post I think you will fit in quite nicely ...

2ndgen

Warcricket, Mike & GT...Thanks!

I hope I do fit in...I'm still having problems trying to figure out my bike. :D

a677f0ccbacc3b76e50f6a778a96f01d-orig

RNG1

Man that sucks, I just wrote you a long reply giving you a good place to train out of Fort Lee and for some reason it didn't post when I submitted. Here is the short version now. Ride the road that you pick up by the Edgewater sign just south of the bridge where all the construction is going on off of River Road. This will take you passed all the boat basin roads and take you up to the ranger station in Alpine. Yea I know it is the road but trust me if you do all the climbs in there 2x a week you will be in shape in no time. IT is also safer than the parallel section of 9w down there as there is lots of traffic and no shoulder. There is also wildlife, I've seen nesting eagles and hawks. When you feel up to it get out onto 9w in alpine and ride that north up into upper nyack. I am ex nyr and first moved to Edgewater before I came up here and trust me that will get you in shape. Stay in the saddle on those climbs and you'll see what I mean. I can meet you down there and ride back up to show you if you want, but I have to warn you I get up early!

2ndgen

Man that sucks, I just wrote you a long reply giving you a good place to train out of Fort Lee and for some reason it didn't post when I submitted. Here is the short version now. Ride the road that you pick up by the Edgewater sign just south of the bridge where all the construction is going on off of River Road. This will take you passed all the boat basin roads and take you up to the ranger station in Alpine. Yea I know it is the road but trust me if you do all the climbs in there 2x a week you will be in shape in no time. IT is also safer than the parallel section of 9w down there as there is lots of traffic and no shoulder. There is also wildlife, I've seen nesting eagles and hawks. When you feel up to it get out onto 9w in alpine and ride that north up into upper nyack. I am ex nyr and first moved to Edgewater before I came up here and trust me that will get you in shape. Stay in the saddle on those climbs and you'll see what I mean. I can meet you down there and ride back up to show you if you want, but I have to warn you I get up early!

Well, for the long lost post, Thanks! I appreciate it in it's absentia!

And I literally live a hop, skip and a jump off of the bridge (right off Fletcher).

How many miles is that run?

I'm definately up for a nice run.

I'm going to send you my info on your PM.

Top Bottom