15th Anniversary Ideas

Working from iPhone not gonna attempt cut and paste. Ken suggested tying a bow around your unit. I thought you sold that...

OK done deal. She gave away some key clues before she left for this big work thingamagig today. She said "Let's have a nice lunch at Harvest" (pricey trendy restaurant like 2 minutes away from our house granted it has good food). I contemplated on this, did some deep meditation and realized that this was code for "this is our 15th anniversary, if you don't do something special that I will remember for the rest of our lives you will get s==t for every expensive bicycle you bring into this house from now on and that doesn't exclude the ones you already have".

I figure it's a win/win/lose which is 2 out of 3 not bad kinda thing. Win if she really wasn't expecting something nice and I look like king of all cats, win if she was, lose some cash. But hey 15 years with me is kinda like the ultimate endurance race after all.

get her a trophy =] then do it again at 30 years

Now that would have been a great idea as the gag part of the gift. Damn I am pissed I didn't think of that when I had time to go to one of those places that make those things.:mad:Teaches me a lesson about waiting for the last minute. I suppose I could print out some fancy thing as an award and get a frame that would kinda serve a similar purpose. "THis award is presented for...and then my usual nonsense" Good idea Martin even if I never liked your avatar.

Just checked. Traditional is crystal but modern is a watch. You'll get off cheaper at harvest but won't have to
Finish like a rockstar if you drop a rolex on the plate

What about a coupon book, like "this coupon is good for one back rub". Or "this coupon good for a night out on the town".

I don't know, thats what Chainsaw says he does.

She gave you the clue but show her you can do more than read her hidden codes. Arrange to have special flowers waiting for her at the table or a gift of gems and gold and pre-order a dessert she'll love that they'll bring at the appropriate time... minus the singing waiters. Hell, she's put up with you for 15 years, the sky's the limit.

Just checked. Traditional is crystal but modern is a watch. You'll get off cheaper at harvest but won't have to
Finish like a rockstar if you drop a rolex on the plate

The crystal I knew about (see opening post of this thread) however I must be a genious as the watch is what I wound up with but I had no idea.

What about a coupon book, like "this coupon is good for one back rub". Or "this coupon good for a night out on the town".

I don't know, thats what Chainsaw says he does.

You may have just killed his future social life with this if he is not married yet.

well not knowing your wife I cant think of anything specfic...but for example...On my first date with my GF we went skiing...So for our 5 yr anniversary we went on a ski trip to burlington for the weekend...I even let her listen to like 2 or 3 phish songs during the drive...So long as I was asleep in the passenger seat.

I think UJ is on the right track. Pulling something together that incorporates a special day/night from your past. It shows that you remember the "important" things. How did you ask her to marry you? If local, try bringing her to the same spot and telling her how much she means to you. Where was your 1st date? Bringing her to the spot of your 1st date would be VERY impressive. One that you remembered and two because it screams romance.

That's all I have for now....any more mushy stuff and I'll be stuck on the couch watching Lifetime :D

I think UJ is on the right track. Pulling something together that incorporates a special day/night from your past. It shows that you remember the "important" things. How did you ask her to marry you? If local, try bringing her to the same spot and telling her how much she means to you. Where was your 1st date? Bringing her to the spot of your 1st date would be VERY impressive. One that you remembered and two because it screams romance.

That's all I have for now....any more mushy stuff and I'll be stuck on the couch watching Lifetime :D

I hear ya but I ain't goin back to Brooklyn for this as I doubt that place is still there and even if it was the screamin that would be heard would not be romance as that neighborhood has changed a lot in 17-18 yrs.

Maybe you should email her the link to this thread to show how much thought you put into the day.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My wife would not be so impressed with TGIFridays and my parents extra bed room in the basement.

My wife would not be so impressed with TGIFridays and my parents extra bed room in the basement.

:rofl:

You're my new hero for getting her to say Yes at a TGI Friday's. I was an idiot, and brought her to a very romantic B&B in Chappaqua, NY. My close friend was the head chef then and we got the royal treatment for the night. Now I'm screwed trying to always top that :(

:rofl:

You're my new hero for getting her to say Yes at a TGI Friday's. I was an idiot, and brought her to a very romantic B&B in Chappaqua, NY. My close friend was the head chef then and we got the royal treatment for the night. Now I'm screwed trying to always top that :(

Well, we were in college at the time, so that can be an excuse. What can I say, I was/still am an irresistible mofo. :D

I've seen these videos on the online of stuff that girls must really really love since there are so many of them doing videos of it. Maybe you should surprise her with that?

Back
Top Bottom