15th Anniversary Ideas

RNG1

Well I have asked the most delicate flower I know (Norm) for ideas for this on a couple of occasions and he just doesn't even respond to my texts regarding this and is obviously hanging me out to dry. He probably figures it will be entertaining to see what would happen if I blow this. I thought I would throw it out to the masses. It's not like I am under any real pressure as my
15th anniversary is tomorrow but before you think I am an idiot for waiting for the last minute, I did start texting Norm about this like a week ago. :eek:

Actually my problem is that I was trying to plan a really cool night in the city and go see that show Rock of Ages as I heard it was good and we once discussed it (even tho I hate Broadway my wife kinda likes it) and then do a whole city night thing. The problem is that my wife has been totally bogged down for the past week or so with this huge work thing and every time I try and bring this up to get a feel for if this is what she would like to do and figure out the logistics with getting the kids coverage she says "I can't even think about this until after this project is over". Well today is this huge presentation she is doing but that does not leave a heck of a lot of time for planning.

I was going to take the afternoon of work off tomorrow so I could plan a nice afternoon before kids get home to go somewhere cool as that eliminates the issue of kid coverage as they are in school and then later of course I will take her out for a nice dinner tomorrow night but I wanted to have some other stuff in line as well. I googled it and apparantly Crystal is the traditional 15 yr hitch suggestion and this is what comes up.
picture.php

They obviously do not know my wife well, or they figure if you are married for 15yrs you must be like 70 yrs old or something. I saw this and thought immediately how much that will hurt when she hits me in the head with it. This is on the level with a toaster and my wife don't roll like that.
Other than giving her the riding mower I have for sale, anyone have any ideas for a fun/nice thing to do during the day tomorrow? Goofy ideas are only allowed if you have at least one serious one to add. Thanks.

You could go and get her a yeti big top :D

Tough to answer as we do not know what she likes. If the presentation is tomorrow for her project, a nice dinner without the kids would be great (as long as you figure out the kids). What kind of stuff does she like?

Bottom line is you can blame Norm all you want, but you waited till the last minute. It will be a minor miracle if you come up with something creative enough in 1 day to pass for a 15 year anniversary gift. :D
You can always plan a weekend getaway for a later date and just tell her over a nice dinner out...

I recommend:
get rid of the kids,
lure her to the bedroom somehow, maybe a trail of rose petals or bread crumbs,
she find you on the bed naked with just a bow tied around your unit

what else could a woman want??!!

note: place bow around waist if you think she will rip it off...

It's always Norm's fault, don't you know anything?

Anyway that work thing she has is today, and I did just confirm that she plans on taking the afternoon off and would like to go for a really nice lunch which is fine. It will actually be nice to just spend some time together before the kids get home from school. Maybe I will see if I can get those tickets for that show for next week when I can get come kid coverage arranged. Believe it or not her other side is that she likes the "thrill" of driving. Anyone ever been to that Velocity 17 place on route 17?

I recommend:
get rid of the kids,
lure her to the bedroom somehow, maybe a trail of rose petals or bread crumbs,
she find you on the bed naked with just a bow tied around your unit

what else could a woman want??!!

note: place bow around waist if you think she will rip it off...

I try that every night it doesn't work. Bad idea.

a copy of Follow Me :popcorn:

since she is all stressed out, you should send her to a spa for the day...this will also give you plenty of bike time :getsome: and perhaps you'll get lucky once she comes back :cool:

well not knowing your wife I cant think of anything specfic...but for example...On my first date with my GF we went skiing...So for our 5 yr anniversary we went on a ski trip to burlington for the weekend...I even let her listen to like 2 or 3 phish songs during the drive...So long as I was asleep in the passenger seat.

What is the one thing your wife loves the most to do?

Give her a day doing only what she want's to do...

Day at the spa, day in the city, a day away from you.;)

Last edited:
a copy of Follow Me :popcorn:

since she is all stressed out, you should send her to a spa for the day...this will also give you plenty of bike time :getsome: and perhaps you'll get lucky once she comes back :cool:

I have done the spa thing for her in the past a bunch of times, good idea but not like a "special" thing. Thus the problem of 15 yrs of marriage it's hard to be original. It did work for some of those points tho.

I did the NYC thing a couple years ago with wife(dinner, broadway show, hotel). For what I spent the wife was not that impressed.

My wife appreciates family outings more, maybe plan a family weekend to Lancaster Pa, or Williamsburg Va, Camden Yards for a baseball game... She enjoys being with the kids and it works out as a family bonding thing. If she is stressed out from work a planned weekend away is $$ well spent. Come up with a place to go and the time and ask her what she thinks before booking it. She will appreciate your thoughfulness.

With my wife it is easy: When in doubt...diamonds, sapphires, and platinum....it never gets old to her...I usually don't have to do anything else if I show up with shiny and expensive stuff.

What did we do?
I asked my wife what she would like to do.
We were in NYC for the day, then went to the spa, then went to a nice dinner.

Believe it or not her other side is that she likes the "thrill" of driving. Anyone ever been to that Velocity 17 place on route 17?

yah i have, it depends on who else is there.... if you get some obnoxious kids there with you it will be annoying :rolleyes:

Camden Yards for a baseball game...
HA. I'm driving my brother and Dana (dnap) down on saturday for a game and lunch on Fells Pt. The game will cost you $30 for the family to get in then pick whatever seats you want the place is empty...they also have a ESPNzone and a real nice aquarium (this is if kids come). My brother and 3 friends have good seats but I'm an Orioles fan and will not pay more then $5 to see that garbage product. Ok but back to the day trip gift, Fells has a bunch of shops and plenty of places to eat and drink during the day then go back to the Hotel to "recharge" and get dinner outside under the light of the Inner Harbor.(No kids option).

We're still waiting to hear what she likes to do, what she's like, etc. We need some help here too! :)

Workin from bb but I have to respond to a few of these:

Zol that is a cool idea except she has a height thing and would likely puke.memorable but not the right way.

Tim, that's my usual go to and u may be right that no woman tires of that but it just felt too predictable.

Poo the family idea thing is nice. We will likely do something like that anyway end of summer after camp and before school starts so it is not really tied into this event. But good thinking tho.

Now if the trip to outer space didn't cost like a billion dollars u would be a winner by far. Granted there is the heights and puke issue but I would likely never hear about it.

Back
Top Bottom