12 O'Muchy - Saturday, June 3rd

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Cycle Craft is title sponsor for TWELVE O' MUCHY. Goody bags for all the racers, hourly prizes (cool stuff, not junk!) neutral support and barbeque all provided by Cycle Craft! Also, the Cannondale Demo truck which will be on hand from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM with all the latest mountain bikes including the Rush and the Prophet!

Register

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
12 O'Muchy

Just as a FYI, this will take place in the Deer Park section of the Park. This is not just another race out of the Boy Scout Camp.

Bob W.

R

rlaureano

Hey Bob,

My buddies and I just started Mt. Biking this year, but we are up for a challenge...will we need to have a lot of "technical skills" to run this race??

Can you give a bit more info for someone who has never done this before?

Thanks a lot

Roddy

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
rlaureano said:
Hey Bob,

My buddies and I just started Mt. Biking this year, but we are up for a challenge...will we need to have a lot of "technical skills" to run this race??

Can you give a bit more info for someone who has never done this before?

Thanks a lot

Roddy

Roddy,

I would say that the course will not require a lot of technical skills. Deer Park would consider the non-tech section of Allamuchy. Think smoother single track and double track. There are a few rocks on the back side of the course (think east side of Park behind lake). We think that it will be a fun course for everyone.

The format is typical for this type of race that is you try and put in as many laps as you can in 12 hrs. As a team you will have to decide how many laps you want to do at a shot (1 or 2). And keep it going! As far as what to bring...extra cloths, food (what ever you can keep down while riding), lots of water (unfortunately there is no supply of water at the Park), folding chairs, you get the idea. Everyone should be able to set up their camp right next to their car (no humping stuff to your site).

If you have any other questions shoot us an e-mail at w2-sports@hotmail.com.

Bob W.

Top Bottom