12/24 Mahlon - Everyone

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Christmas Eve(morning) ride. next sunday. let's get a huge group out on this. skip out on the family early-ish and be back in time for last minute shopping or familial obligations. lets say:

8:30am
coed friendly
all-inclusive pace(fast guys/gals can hammer, but wait at the intersections, no pressure on the more recreational among us)
10-15 miles
2-3 hours
rock rill lot, because saffins gate will likely still be locked at that hour

rock rill lot: coming from rt 15, as soon as you pass the first "welcome to Mahlon Dickerson Reservation" sign, and the forest fire warning sign, make a right down the dirt road. bear left after a hundred yards or so, and park in the lot at the top of the little hill.

anyone with membership on the other site is welcome to post this there as well.

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Fear the bottle

I should be able to swing this...itll b a early day, but you all have done the same coming down to our neck of the woods. I am lookin forward to seeing what sean and brett always are speaking of.

Lets hope if i do party, it wont get tooo crazy. :drooling:

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I go on call at 2pm so as long as I'm home before then, I can probably make this.

NJ Jess

sounds great

But I don't want to drive that far with so many last minute crazy shoppers on the road. Enjoy it!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Dammit

Christmas Eve(morning) ride. next sunday. let's get a huge group out on this. skip out on the family early-ish and be back in time for last minute shopping or familial obligations.
We host a big, both families and friends, gathering at our place every Christmas Eve. I've really got to be home earlier than this could possibly allow. Phooey.

Let's be sure to do something early in the New Year.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
all good chris and jess. enjoy the holidays, and have fun if you make it to the allaire ride on the same day.

fred, that's awesome, if it's pushing it, and not to many people object, we could bump it back to 8:30.

are you working the saturday night? i think you drive a bit quicker than i do, so it should only take you an hour if traffic is light at that time.

for central coastal folks:

287n to
80w to
exit 34b - 15n
through 4 traffic lights,
get in right hand lane
becomes three lanes, get in the third(exit lane), take the second exit.
you will see the sign for weldon rd.
follow weldon rd for about 2-3 miles till you see the entrance for rock rill(above)

if you accidentaly take the first exit from the exit lane, no sweat. proceed to the stop sign with the lake in front of you, go left, then take the first left. up the hill, take a right on to weldon rd and follow as above.

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
Hey Fred

If we can both swing this, how about a car pool? Let me know what you think

walter

ArmyOfNone

F*!? it im riding

Hey Fred

If we can both swing this, how about a car pool? Let me know what you think

walter

Im in fo sho.

Walter...I cant remember where you told me you live, carpooling would be great. The only catch with it is that i cant hang around to much after the ride bc i have to catch some z's bc i have family stuff to do and i have to work. So if you dont mind taking off right after the ride lets do it.

PM me...I can give you my cell and we can figure out a plan.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I added the Rock Rill lot to the trail directory if anyone wants google directions.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
this is lookin good for me...

broke the full suss, so I'll be on the SS. actually, I think that I'd have taken the SS anyway. :) 32-18 good for an outta shape old guy?

Top Bottom