12/13 Hartshorne&Huber woods grand tour - epic ride

antgold

I'm without car so so I came up with the following plan :

Holmdel -> Hudson trail ->Navasink ave -> looping Harshorne park (covering most of the trails ) -> Crossing Huber woods park -> navasink river road -> 35 ->back to holmdel

I believe it is about 40 miles 25 paved the rest are singles .

you welcome to join me , not a crazy pace but minimum stops are planned .

planned to start - 0830 .

antgold

mission done .
condition were perfect .
there were some muddy places when stream crossed the trail - that's all ! unbelievable where all water disappeared !

I was pretty covered with mud taking the fire road in Huber woods park .
also in huber woods trails are pretty much dry .

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=89357

Attachments

• 89357.gpx
    84.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Navasink river rd scares me, it would be nice if it were closed to cars.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Yup, the fire road between Nav river rd and the environmental ctr was super wet today over at Huber. The trails were another story completely. Glad you got your ride in.

dhsean

No need for a snorkel! Just find the hills that go over and around all the low spots!:getsome:

Oh, I found the hills saturday. Did the "Sean's Uber Death Hill March" from the Newmans Lane lot. I left my computer on kmph so it looked like I was killing it. It killed me in the face. I'm glad it was a nice casual group ride today at Heartshorne. It was fun to see everybody in a mega group.

Legs hurt = beer time. The weekends not over yet. :D

antgold

planing another one - 3/27
Holmdel - > hudson trail -> Hartshorne (Jim Loop ) -> hubber woods -> back to Holmdel through Hudson Trail .
Hope to catch 35 Miles before the rain ....

Please PM me or replay this mail if you like to join .
Constant pace , but not Hummer fast.

Jim loop ( in Jim's words ) :

Start at the bottom lot. Go in on the right and climb that first hill and follow all the way back to the fireroad. Go across the fireroad and climb to the watertower. Go down that hill and across the fireroad again, stay straight through the first trail split. Make that left to go up the climb next to the upper lot. Don't jump out onto the road in the middle, take it to the top. Right onto the fireroad, right at the fork, and down to the paved road. Left onto the paved road and past the upper lot. Dip into the bunker loop on the left. Do the whole bunker loop clockwise and you pop out back on the road in the middle of that climb. Now go down that climb and make a left at the bottom. Then it's all lefts. Standard Hartshorne loop. You'll end up doing all the stuff in the beginning backwards. It's 10 miles.

Last edited:

antgold

no bike today !!:cry::cry::cry:

and same for tomorrow :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I will have workout in the gym ...:drooling:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
no bike today !!:cry::cry::cry:

and same for tomorrow :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I will have workout in the gym ...:drooling:

buy Mr. Chainsaws roadie it will give you the same option I have for today...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions