Cranks Around the Campfire Mountain Biking Festival

DanBrodeen

It took some time but we secured our first demo bikes for the event. Tenafly Bicycle Workshop will be bringing demos from Ibis, Rocky Mountain, and Yeti to Cranks this year! Demos will be on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a marked self guided loop set up to demo bikes on. Please check out their shop/website for more info about their services and product lines. Tenafly Bicycle Workshop

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.22.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.22.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.22.56 AM.png

DanBrodeen

Want to get more out of your mountain bike? Join Cycle Craft/Bulldogs on Friday August 20th at Cranks Around the Campfire at 6:00 PM for a bike skills clinic. What better way to start a weekend of fun mountain biking than to fine tune your skills. The clinic will have instructional sessions where riders will learn basic bike handling skills, techniques, braking and cornering. Instruction will be done by the experienced men and women of Cycle Craft/Bulldogs, some with over two decades of riding under their belts.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.11.32 AM.png

DanBrodeen

2021 Cranks Around the Campfire Festival Schedule​

Friday​

12:00pm Cranks Opens

Campers and Day participants may begin arriving. Please check in at office.

12:00pm Food Vendor opens

3:00pm Group Rides

Intermediate Allamuchy (Vollers Field)

Intermediate Stephens (Vollers Field)

Advanced Allamuchy (Lake Dam)

Beginner ride Around camp(Dining Hall)

6:00pm Cyclecraft Intermediate Clinic

Vollers Field Sign ups at registration

8:00pm S’Mores Campfire

Across from Shower House. The Cranks Crew will be supplying the ingredients for everyone’s favorite campfire treat!

Saturday

7:30am Food Vendor open

8:45am Kids Activities

Drop off at Dining Hall located at the waterfront. Festival staff will take care of your kids while you are enjoying a group ride. Activities will include arts/crafts, fishing, hiking, biking, nature walk, and more! Please pick up your kids by noon. Send them with a water bottle.

9am Group Rides

Advanced Stephens (Lake Dam)

9am Group Rides

Intermediate Deer Park (Vollers Field)

9am Group Rides

Beginner Camp (Dining Hall)

Novice Camp and/or Stephens (Dining Hall)

11:00am Kids MTB Ride around the camp (dining hall)

2:00PM Trail Boss Ride with Jeff Lenosky
(intermediate level, ride includes sessioning and skills tips, sign up at registration, meet Vollers field)

2:00PM Group Rides

2:00pm Group rides

2:00pm Group rides

Beginner (Camp) (meet Dining Hall)

2:00-8:00pm Open Swimming at the Waterfront

Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.

2:30PM Novice/Intermediate Clinic with MTB Guru John Nicholson
(Sign ups at registration, meet Vollers Field)

pm Beach Party BBQ

Join your fellow campers at the waterfront for some lakeside fun. Food provided by BBQ Pit Catering Company. Adults $15 Kids (10 and under) $10 The BBQ includes hamburgers/cheeseburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, Mac and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw, pasta salad, and garden salad.

Bring your favorite beverage (solo cups provided).

7:00pm Kids Ice Cream Social

Cranks Crew provides frozen treats to the under 18 crowd. (Located at the Dining Hall/Waterfront)

7:30-9:30pm Dining Hall Dance Party
Bring your favorite beverage! Cranks Crew will supply the tunes and glow sticks!

Sunday

7:30am Food Vendor open

8:45 Kids Activities

Meet at Dining Hall

9am

9AM Trail Boss Ride with Jeff Lenosky
(advanced level, ride includes sessioning and skills tips, sign up at registration, meet at Lake Dam)

9:00am

Intermediate Deer Park ( Vollers Field)

Intermediate Allamuchy ( Vollers Field)

Intermediate Stephens ( Vollers Field)

9:00am

Beginner Camp (Dining Hall)

Novice Camp (Dining Hall)

11:00am Kids MTB Ride (dining hall)

11:00-2:00pm Open Swimming at the Waterfront

5:00pm Cranks Closes

Trash to dumpster in back of dining hall.

Thanks for joining us! See you next summer!

Last edited:

iman29

I’m registered for a day pass Saturday but my 15 year old son and his friend may want to come too.

Based on the web site kids under 18 are free? Registration shows $1?

How would I add them and Am I allowed to be the parent/guardian for the day for the friend ?

Thanks

DanBrodeen

I’m registered for a day pass Saturday but my 15 year old son and his friend may want to come too.

Based on the web site kids under 18 are free? Registration shows $1?

How would I add them and Am I allowed to be the parent/guardian for the day for the friend ?

Thanks
You would need the friend's parents to sign them up online and send a letter stating you are responsible for them. Also would need an event waiver signed by parent/guardian. Email us through www.bikereg.com for that. The $1 goes to NJ NICA.

DanBrodeen

Still looking for some group ride leaders. The festival has grown substantially in size this year. Specifically need someone to lead advanced level rides to Stephens State Park Saturday and Sunday morning. Lead a ride and get a weekend day pass. Great opportunity to experience the event and demo some bikes. PM me if you can help us out. Thanks!

Mare

Got the email to sign up for clinics and group rides. All filled already :( Is there a wait list just in case (or did I miss it)? I'd really like an intermediate clinic and a ride with Jeff. I saw the request for people to remove themselves from one if they doubled up with the clinics, so hopefully something will open up.

DanBrodeen

Got the email to sign up for clinics and group rides. All filled already :( Is there a wait list just in case (or did I miss it)? I'd really like an intermediate clinic and a ride with Jeff. I saw the request for people to remove themselves from one if they doubled up with the clinics, so hopefully something will open up.
I’ll let you know if a spot opens Mare.

iman29

Questions for newbie to the event:

I know there are a bunch of scheduled rides for adults and kids, but are there any ad hoc rides that typically form during the day (i.e. for beginners).?

Any suggested loops or trail sections to try out that I could maybe go exploring with my son and his friend (i.e. short track race loop?).

My goal is to try to minimize "waiting around time" for us but not to end getting worn out too quickly that he's burnt out before lunchtime.

Maybe I can suggest if anyone has some established loops to try they can get posted here or in the event page itself for people to save to devices and go check out.

Thanks!

Top Bottom