11speed rear & chain with 12speed crank(shimano)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I was wondering if I can use my slx 11sp stuff with an slx 12sp crank, I need a crank for my new bike and would like to go that way to avoid buying new tools, if that isn't an option I'm going raceface...

Whats the worst that can happen?
nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

[11-speed] Quicklink has problems fitting on the new chainring. Other than that, you're fine.

Curious what you are trying to avoid buying--the new cranks aren't going to come with the chainring tool forever, and it's possible that the SLX/XT don't even have them. I can't say, as I've never installed anything other than XTR...

[11-speed] Quicklink has problems fitting on the new chainring. Other than that, you're fine.

Curious what you are trying to avoid buying--the new cranks aren't going to come with the chainring tool forever, and it's possible that the SLX/XT don't even have them. I can't say, as I've never installed anything other than XTR...

If I go raceface buying the tool puts me out of budget since I would need a bbt-22 to install the ring, I have all the tools needed for the shimano crank but its 12 speed.

Back
Top Bottom