Cranks Around the Campfire Mountain Biking Festival

zip

Folks, A few tidbits of information for the weekend. We will have ice starting Saturday morning so if you come Friday bring enough to get you by until Saturday. If you come Saturday we ask you to come with your cooler already iced, refills are on us and are available all weekend.
Once again there will be a marked loop taking riders all around the 900 acre camp perimeter from the Route 80 fence, to the short track and ending on earthworm. The beginning will be slightly different from past because instead of the long road climb it will be on a trail. The marked loop starts just behind site 10 (Pioneer). That site is just down the road from the shower house.(The road going towards camp Wheeler along Frenches Pond.
Now for the most important thing. Please read this. Camp wheeler is off limits. There is a private group renting the Camp Wheeler and we agree to not disturb. The go around's are two. One is to follow the guided loop signs which will take you up to the Route 80 fence and into the State Park by where purple trail meets white trail. The other is to go on the camp road towards Camp Wheeler but by the dam go to the other side of the lake by the 911 monument. There will be yellow tape and signs as reminders.
The Kids Treasure hunt is Saturday from Noon on. Come to the staff table to get your Treasure map!
Thanks for coming to the 10th Anniversary Cranks!

Last edited:

Mtbdog

We have to make an disappointing announcement that our food vendor backed out this morning from the festival. Please plan accordingly with food. There are many local options for take out and delivery options. We are feverishly looking for a replacement.
Coney Island Pizza in Riverdale? Weren't they at Jorbafest?

moose35

@DanBrodeen
Thanks again for another weekend at Cranks this year. As always it's an awesome event.
I love how more families/kids are coming.
It's a truly family oriented. The added vendors were a great touch.

Also anyone reading this that has never been or is on the fence about coming definitely do it. You will have a great time.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@DanBrodeen
Thanks again for another weekend at Cranks this year. As always it's an awesome event.
I love how more families/kids are coming.
It's a truly family oriented. The added vendors were a great touch.

Also anyone reading this that has never been or is on the fence about coming definitely do it. You will have a great time.

1566774721414.gif

Mare

Such a fun weekend with lots of cool peeps!! I got to demo a bike and loved it so now I'm in the market for a full suspension. That's why I was staying away from demo-ing cause I knew this would happen!! A new car will have to wait.

moose35

@Mare45 we had asked him the same.
Would be awesome to be able to get there on Thursday and get set up. No activites or anything just an extra camping night. Would make Friday feel like a full day since it can take a while to get setup.

UnaAllan

Awesome photo, you had a wonderful weekend. I also organized a Biking weekend with my family last week. I like to arrange different events where we can have some fun with my friends and family. It can be a biking weekend or a party, we like everything. I arranged a birthday party last month. To arrange a party is more complicated than a biking trip. Thanks to different companies that can help, it become a little bit easy. For this party I hired different event equipment from this company ontourevents.co.uk. They offered me a reliable and professional service at a fair and reasonable price point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom