100K fat bike ride

sandman

The next 100K fat bike ride will be on June 23, 2018. Details are on MeetUp South Jersey Singletrack. All the working on the next 100K rides are posted on the SJS-MeetUp.

Last edited:

pibbles

We could do this ride in August and it will probably be hotter with a better chance of thunderstorms....just a thought...

sandman

Started in the BTB this past Saturday. The 4 Nor'easters took there toll on the trails we use. On the other hand. The trails we use in Greenwood, have been worked on, and are in better shape.

sandman

23794958_10208014562281258_2986920249980853134_n.jpg27545135_10208805953744821_2365272395940780855_n.jpg
On last years ride, we started out in a downpour. As the leader, I saw myself as the first pic. The guys behind me saw me as the second. It may or may not be the hardest ride you will ever do, but it will be one you will never forget. Ask Juggernut, Davesnhere, Sjeronis, or pibbles. It is a long day.

pibbles

View attachment 66507View attachment 66508
On last years ride, we started out in a downpour. As the leader, I saw myself as the first pic. The guys behind me saw me as the second. It may or may not be the hardest ride you will ever do, but it will be one you will never forget. Ask Juggernut, Davesnhere, Sjeronis, or pibbles. It is a long day.
Still waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night....

sandman

Still waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night....
It takes about 3 months before Steve talks to me again. Dave has traded a day during the week, to work every Saturday, just so there's no chance to do the 100K again. Dan still trying to get that oil slick from #2 off his skin.IMG_5011.JPG

sandman

With 2 months to go, things are starting to fall in place. The 4 storms in March have left a lot of clutter on the trails. Just 1 more clean up at BTB, and I will move over to Greenwood. The 1st. 18K, is clean, and ready to ride. The last 15K, has some more work, but not much.IMG_6375.JPGIMG_6376.JPGIMG_6377.JPGIMG_6378.JPG

sandman

A second way back from the RR. Shorter, 13K, but cuts out the McDonalds Branch. Most of the ride is in Greenwood, and has more trails then we can use in a day.IMG_6381.JPGIMG_6382.JPGIMG_6383.JPGIMG_6385.JPGIMG_6386.JPG

sandman

Road at Greenwood today, 33K. Found some new trails. This will take a few weeks to sort out.IMG_6387.JPGIMG_6388.JPGIMG_6389.JPGIMG_6390.JPG

sandman

Between last Saturday and tonight, I cleaned up some more trails. IMG_6413.JPGIMG_6415.JPGIMG_6416.JPGIMG_6418.JPGIMG_6417.JPGYou wouldn't think that seeing tires would be all that excited, but at this point in a long day, I know that no matter what came before this point, in about 15K, we will be done for the day.

sandman

The time has come to let me know who's in. The ride starts at 7am, but, if you want to put any thing in the pick- up(lunch, water, snacks, a clean shirt), then you should be there at 6:15am, that's when I leave for the half way spot. If you ride a fat bike with a derailleur hanger, and you use a derailleur hanger, then you need to bring a spare. If you ride a fat bike with tubeless tires, and you go tubeless, then you need to bring a spare tube. Don't forget your favorite bug spray. A contact should be available for you, just in case you need to bail.( you wont be the first). This is a group ride, we ride as a group, it will be about an 11 hour day. I think I already wrote this, but, it may not be the hardiest ride you have ever done, but you will never forget it.IMG_4333.JPG

sandman

Last clean up. If you like that closed in feeling, sand, bugs, heat, and long hours. Then this ride is for you. But time is running out. I need a head count by Thursday, please.
IMG_6449.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6455.JPG

pibbles

Recent surgery (appendectomy ) is keeping me off the bike for several weeks so I will be a no show...

Top Bottom